1) Expect failure, but keep trying
2) Don’t deny yourself
3) Weigh yourself often
4) Exercise regularly
5) Find ways to add little bits of physical activity into your daily routine
6) Eat a high carbohydrate, low fat diet
7) Eat about five meals a day starting with breakfast
– from “CNN Presents: Fat Chance” based on research by Dr. Jim Hill, Director, Center for Human Nutrition, University of Colorado
Well, here’s someplace to start!
ETA on 11-22-05: You can read the full transcript of this show on CNN.com. The seven habits are based on the findings of the National Weight Control Registry which tracks over 5000 people who have lost weight and kept it off for at least a year.