Party post-mortem

Good-bye, Hello Kitty

If the current state of the Hello Kitty balloon is any indicator, everyone had a blast at my Bye, Bye, Bash last night. About a dozen people turned out, but I was concerned they might not be able to find me because the Hello Kitty balloon went FERAL on my ass.

Normally, helium balloons float up towards the sky, that is unless there are winds whipping them back and forth, knocking over your drink and dragging the trophy they’re tied to across the Biergarten. Basically, the Hello Kitty balloon acted like a real kitty on a string would have. I eventually tied it to a water spigot next to the bar and hoped people could just find me on sight.

Live band karaoke

There were a lot of people competing in the live band karaoke competition, probably because there was a $500 prize. Most everyone could actually sing, so no one at my table felt brave enough to belt one out. Which meant I didn’t have to buy anyone a drink!

Hello Kitty camera

To continue on the Hello Kitty theme, Kristen brought her Hello Kitty Polaroid camera that she got in Japan. It even has a tiny mirror on the front so you can angle a self-portrait surprisingly well, as you can see:

Pretty Polaroid

I also got to chat with a blog reader, Joanne, who is a friend of a friend. Some of my high-school friends drove up from Louisville. A few old coworkers dropped by as well as some other friends. Hanging out with everyone actually made me a little bit sad that I’m leaving. I do like a lot of things about Indianapolis, and an evening at the Biergarten is certainly one of them, especially when I’m surrounded by friends. However, most of my stuff is packed and I paid my security deposit, so I’m moving no matter what. On to the next adventure!

One Trackback

[…] Pasta Queen got a cool new Hello Kitty Polaroid camera. […]

Carbzilla • June 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Oh that frisky balloon! If you can’t count on a helium balloon to behave, what can you count on?

Maybe you should have a welcome party in your new town! Make all your friends at the beginning!

Joanne • June 24, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Well, that was a LOT of wind to contend with. Sheesh. It was great to meet you, I wish you lots of luck! You can always come back and visit and go to the Biergarten, right?

The Merry • June 24, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Aw, you’re going to have awesome fun in whatever Carolina you’re moving too. At least, you will as soon as that the place stops overheating.
And once you go on your worldwide whirlwind book tour, you’ll be feted in cities from north to south and east to west.

p.s. Do you think you might have a chance to do a road trip blog of your move? The illustrious Crabby McSlacker of Cranky Fitness used to do that. Very entertaining reading, plus one got lots of vicarious excitement. My life needs more vicarious excitement. (Okay, it really needs more of the non-vicarious type, but I’ll settle for vicarious excitement.)

shauna/dg • June 25, 2010 at 5:00 am

So excited for ya :)

SG • June 25, 2010 at 3:05 pm

wish i could have been there. if i was just one less state away i might have :-)

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother • June 25, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Change is Good!!!

Mom Taxi Julie • June 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Poor Hello kitty balloon! Usually those things last forever!!

Looks like you had a good party! If I was unmarried, and didn’t have any kids I’d so be moving!

Wendy • June 26, 2010 at 2:01 pm

You’ll love NC! I’m born and raised here and I don’t think I’ll ever leave. Mountains to the sea, it’s all wonderful!

Pam • June 28, 2010 at 12:26 am

Good Luck Jennette. I hope you find success in North Carolina. You are very brave to move so far away from your friends and family, I wouldn’t have the courage. At least you will still have all of us faithful blog readers with you! We’ll all be waiting to hear how things are going, so write soon!

anji • June 28, 2010 at 12:28 am

Safe journey! When do you leave??

Blond Duck • June 28, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Popped in to say hi! I love your blog! If my hips could stand it, I’d eat pasta every day!

Jackie • June 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I’ve lived in Chapel Hill for three years. Feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way.