Scar update

The cut on my nose is healing pretty well ever since I was attacked by that rabid porcupine. I’ve been rubbing Mederma on it three times a day, which may or may not be helping. Here it is today:

And three weeks ago.

It is somewhat miraculous that the body can repair itself like that. I wish my car could do that. It would save me a lot on mechanics.

Diane, Fit to the Finish • September 2, 2009 at 11:46 am

It looks much better! We used the Mederma for 3 months, which is what the plastic surgeon recommended.

Usman • September 2, 2009 at 12:26 pm

How did it get all the way up to your face?

Natalie • September 2, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Hi PastaQueen! I was told about your blog a few weeks ago; I’ve never even read a blog before but I have spent all my free time lately reading your WHOLE archives. Years of your life condensed into about 3 weeks. Fascinating.

I would have made lots of comments along the way but I didn’t think you would ever go back and read them so I will just say congratulations for the weight loss and the book deals and honesty and you know, everything.

I will say one thing made me sad, how back at school boys would sometimes come up and say ‘my friend likes you’ and you were hurt/annoyed/insulted because they were just teasing you … hmm. So there was no way any boy could possibly have liked you? Scary that you were/are so sure of that. Fat does not mean unlovable! I’m not saying you should have necessarily taken the risk of humiliation, but it’s your absolute inner certainty that no boy could have really liked you that worries me. Hope you don’t still feel that way. Lots of fat people are happily married.

I’m not allowed to sign off with my name am I? I saw that entry!! So how do I sign off? Just kind of trail away ….

Ro • September 3, 2009 at 10:47 am

Yep! Looks much better. umm..I thought it was a gang fight. lol!! Maybe a gang of rabid porcupine? lol!!

Tiki & Kesey's Mom • September 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

I tried Mederma and thought that it burned. I ended up using plain old plain old cheap vitamin E cream from Kroger on my surgery scar and it worked great!

Tiki & Kesey's Mom • September 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

Tiki & Kesey's Mom • September 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

Tiki & Kesey's Mom • September 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

Tiki & Kesey's Mom • September 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

Caitlin • September 6, 2009 at 6:57 pm

2 years ago I smashed myself in the face across the bridge of my nose with the back end of my Ford Explorer. After it healed completely I used Mederma on the scar and you can’t tell I was injured at all. It really does work as long as you stick with using it as instructed!

Mar • September 7, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Looks like it’s healing nicely! i still have a scar from when my cat got scared by thunder and laid into my left leg.