The perfect man

I am old enough that I remember when movies didn’t play ads or trivia slides before the show. You sat in the theater and listened to an endless loop of pop music before the trailers finally came on. I’m not a fan of the ads, particularly considering that I have paid for the privilege to sit in the theater and watch them. Don’t get me started on how stupid the movietickets.com ads are.

However, this weekend I saw an ad before the show that actually made me laugh because it was so true. Tell me, is this not the perfect man? (Well, perfect for as long as he lasted, which would not be long in my house.)

Sam • February 9, 2009 at 9:23 am

Haha, this is fabulous…and a little scary. His eyes freaked me out. But, I would love him just the same :)

Mymsie • February 9, 2009 at 11:07 am

It’s so funny you say that because Leah and I saw the same commercial when we saw “He’s Just Not That Into You,” but we both agreed it was creepy!

Lily • February 9, 2009 at 11:35 am

Is that chocolate scented Axe?? Love chocolate, but not sure I like the idea…

nolafwug • February 9, 2009 at 11:56 am

That was kinda creepy when he was melting down his hand. He seems to have regenerative capabilities…kinda like Wolverine? I loved the girls at the gym and the girl on the bus. Maybe I’ll get this for my BF and see if it makes me spontaneously bite his botty? I typically hate perfume and cologne unless it smells like a fruit. Has anyone actually gotten a whiff of this stuff?

Dawn • February 9, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Too funny but I too thought a bit creepy. I’d probably be breaking off pieces in the night, he’d wake up with no fingers or toes lol.

Squishy • February 9, 2009 at 12:52 pm

That is just too funny!

Chrissy • February 9, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Loved it! Thanks, PQ….hahahah

DonnaLynn in Hawaii • February 9, 2009 at 1:39 pm

I agree it was creepy. He wouldn’t last long at this house either.

“Honey, you can’t pet the dogs. In fact, you can’t even be AROUND the dogs.”

ragtopday • February 9, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I did not expect to be bowled over by this, but I laughed out loud! I especially love the scene where all the gym rats crowd to the window as Chocolate Man saunters on by.

Monique • February 9, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Everytime I see this I lmao. Its hysterical. Also funny… did you notice you posted the spanish version… I got a kick outta that =D

Quix • February 9, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I saw this one at the movies as well. Hilarious! However, wouldn’t this just compound the happy couple syndrome? I know I usually gained weight at the start of a relationship, this would not help, hehe.

Camevil • February 9, 2009 at 3:50 pm

If my man wore this he would be dead. Digested and dead.

Jessica • February 9, 2009 at 4:24 pm

That is a creepy ad

tracy • February 9, 2009 at 6:16 pm

eww it creeped me out. I really don’t like the axe commericials or how it smells.

Deb • February 9, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I remember when they played cartoons before movies. Woody Woodpecker anyone?

Tricia • February 10, 2009 at 1:22 am

I laughed out loud at this. I hate seeing commercials before movies! I miss the old days of straight up preview anticipation. I agree with Tracy, Axe definitly smells like total crap. Remember the days of cheap movie tickets, good popcorn, and no commercials or advertisements?

Tina • February 10, 2009 at 5:38 am

Just saw that ad at the movies and cracked up. The whole theater was laughing. My fave is when the woman on the bus takes a bite out of his butt.

Kristin • February 11, 2009 at 3:23 pm

I’m old enough I can remember seeing cartoons before the movie. Oh heck, I’m old enough that (like David Sedaris) I can remember when you could smoke in a hospital waiting room!!

I agree with others that this commercial is creepy/funny.