Snow day!

This is why I’m working from home today. Car pushing is one cardio exercise I like to avoid.

IMG_1406

At least I know I won’t run out to the store for chocolate.

Tara • January 28, 2009 at 10:27 am

Yay for snow days! I took a sick day myself, but it worked out because it’s gross and snowy here too!

Enjoy your day at home!

Jen, a priorfatgirl • January 28, 2009 at 10:30 am

WAHOO!!! Enjoy the snowed in day!

Coolred38 • January 28, 2009 at 11:11 am

OMG!!! I miss snow…sigh!

adrienne • January 28, 2009 at 11:34 am

I was wondering how things were up North. It’s all snow & ICE down here.

Stay warm!

GP • January 28, 2009 at 12:16 pm

looks like you’re getting what we had a week or so ago.. in Mt. a collective “ugh” could be heard

perhaps a cognac might be in order ?:)

gp

Rebecca Hoover • January 28, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Ick, ick, ick. Don’t miss it, don’t want it. Except for Christmas morning, maybe. I loooovee living in Tucson.

It’s kind of pretty though.

Amanda • January 28, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Yikes!

Naomi F. • January 28, 2009 at 1:00 pm

That’s not even a lot of snow! That looks totally driveable to me as long as it isn’t icy too. (This from a Native Minnesotan, we don’t even get snow/winter days when its 20 below and snowy)

mizm • January 28, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Lucky you being able to work from home!

Last time we had a snow day it was really a “freeze your a*s off cold day” with wind chills of -40! It so happened that I had already scheduled that day as a vacation day, so the boss ended up giving me back the vacation day.

PastaQueen • January 28, 2009 at 1:07 pm

@Naomi F. – We got 12.5 inches. It was the most since 1996. It’s a lot of snow. http://www.indystar.com/article/20090128/LOCAL18/901280361

Ron • January 28, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Ron is happy he doesn’t live where you do….. we had 2 inches or so and that was plenty!

Diana • January 28, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I miss snow days! Laying on teh couch watching movies or reading a book. Alwasy loved them. Don’t miss the shoveling though!

Karen B. • January 28, 2009 at 3:02 pm

It only takes a picture like that to remember why I live in Tucson, Arizona. :-)

Naantje • January 28, 2009 at 3:24 pm

But PQ, this IS the day to run out to the store for chocolate! By the time you get there and get back to your own place, you’ve burnt all calories. You have to go on foot either way, because driving in that snow seems rather crazy.

And we thought we were getting another wave of winter ’cause temperatures have dropped to -2 degrees C. At least it’s stopped raining. I don’t think we’ll be seeing snow though. It would be so great if it kept freezing as long as it did round new year. I couldn’t go ice skating on natural ice because of my finals. So sad, it was more than ten years ago since it was last possible, and I missed it! :(

The working at home thing must be really practical right?

Helen • January 28, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I am also having a snow day today except ours got covered with freezing rain followed by rain. Two hours to shovel the driveway and I live on a hill which the city didn’t plow until 2 p.m. EST. I HATE SNOW.

Dee • January 28, 2009 at 5:05 pm

It is still snowing here. Has been snowing since 3 am this morning, luckily I worked it out to commute to a local office rather than my normal office an hours commute away in GOOD weather. I was there to work in 15 mins and home in 20. YAY!

Amy • January 28, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Shoveling is good exercise! Lord knows I’ve done enough of it the last two days.

KateG • January 28, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Nice! Isn’t it great to have the work from home option. God bless the internet. Here in DC we didn’t have enough to shut down the federal govt, though most of the kids were out of school. But we had nowhere near a foot. I think that would have even been enough up in NY, where I went to high school. Hope you enjoyed a cozy day!

Tina • January 28, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I am jealous! We had two inches of snow yesterday and my daughters school dismissed at noon! I want a snow day too, as long as I have cable, heat and food. I will give up my cable/internet as long as I have a few good books. Here in lower Delaware we haven’t had any “real” snow in years.

Nora Hess • January 28, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Wow I live in Paoli, IN and when I watched the local news today I saw the story about Indianapolis receiving all that snow and thought of you instantly and wondered what you were thinking lol. Now I get on here tonight and you have put up a picture. We got about 6 inches here where we live but it was enough to paralyze our little town into a state of emergency where no one was allowed on roads or else they were fined. I also hope you enjoyed your snow day!

Merry Mary • January 28, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Snow! HURRAY! (We don’t get snow often.)

Merry Mary • January 28, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Snow! HURRAY! (We don’t get snow often.)

Merry Mary • January 28, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Snow! HURRAY! (We don’t get snow often.)

Merry Mary • January 28, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Snow! HURRAY! (We don’t get snow often.)

Merry Mary • January 28, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Snow! HURRAY! (We don’t get snow often.)

Merry Mary • January 28, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Snow! HURRAY! (We don’t get snow often.)

FatChick • January 29, 2009 at 5:28 am

I live in Australia, and it’s over 100F here! In some cases it’s over 110F here! I would love some snow……

Ashley • January 29, 2009 at 9:13 am

I lived in upstate NY for most of my life, where we dealt with that stuff all winter long…I finally got smart and moved to Georgia, lol.

beep • February 1, 2009 at 7:52 pm

JF — am getting back into your blog after a couple years away.

And one thing i remember about you — you HATE winter.

You are not a winter kind of gal.

LOLfitness • February 2, 2009 at 10:14 am

That looks like great exercise!