I’m going to be in Chicago eating a lot of oatmeal with 15 other health and fitness bloggers between November 7-9 for a Quaker Oats Living Proof blogger’s conference. It’s always fun to be invited to these things, but it always makes me feel slightly bad talking about it because it seems so elitist. “Look at me flying off for freebies all weekend! I’m so fancy! Whee!” Seriously, who needs that? When I went to the BlogHer blogging conference this summer I remember feeling the same way. There were all these parties going on, in fancy restaurants or in hotel suites, and some of them I was invited to and some of them I was not. Some parties I wouldn’t have gone to even if invited, but being on the outside can be lonely and a little sad.
Which is why I’m glad we’re planning a reader meetup during the weekend. So you all can come by and get some free food too! Yay! Everybody wins. (Except those of you not in the Chicago area. Oops!) So, the questions are:
1) Would you be able to come to a meetup in downtown Chicago either around 9:30pm or 10pm on Saturday, November 8th at a bar or for a brunch on Sunday, November 9th?
2) If so, which time would you prefer? (Please say brunch because I am an old woman who likes to be in bed by 11pm.)
The comments are awaiting your answers. Here is a list of the other bloggers attending.
- Stephanie of Back in Skinny Jeans
- Carla of MizFit Online
- Roni of Roni’s Weigh
- Tanya of I Ate Pie
- Lisa of Workout Mommy
- Monique of Big Fat Deal
- Leslie of Weighting Game (maybe, hasn’t confirmed yet)
- Jason of Twit2Fit
- Anne Marie of This Mama Cooks
- Amy of Super Healthy Kids
- Jenna of Eat Live Run
- Kath of Kath Eats Real Food
- Lyn of Escape from Obesity
- Alanna of A Veggie Venture
- Anne of Elastic Waist