Reminders

You can still win $25 at Amazon.com!

You’ve still got 4 days left to enter my Viral Video Contest and be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com, a Burt’s Bee’s gift basket, a free autographed book and a spaghetti scepter. (Do it for the spaghetti scepter.) Details are here.

Catch me in South Bend

I’ll be in South Bend, Indiana, holding court in the Barnes & Noble at 4601 Grape Road at 4pm on Saturday, June 28. I’m sold out of autographed copies on my book site, so this is one of the last times you’ll be able to score a signed copy unless you randomly bump into me on the street while carrying a copy.

Please spay and neuter your pets

It’s important to control the pet population…oh wait, sorry, this has nothing to do with me or weight loss. I’m just flashing back to the prime time edition of The Price is Right last night.

anonymous boxer • June 26, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Yes! Spay and Neuter! I applaud the continuing “and now for something completely different” aspect to your blog.

Pride and animals. What’s next? :-)

Wendy • June 26, 2008 at 4:34 pm

My dog has no excessive dangly bits, but I’m convinced I sometimes catch him looking for them!

How was this a subject on The Price is Right? Maybe it’s a very different show in the UK!

starbird • June 27, 2008 at 1:51 am

“… randomly bump into me … while carrying a copy.”

Laugh if you must, but it could also happen that one of your fans will randomly bump into you while, tragically, her copy is at home or in the car!

That happened to me when I bumped into Tony Hillerman! I had just bought two of his books and they were both back at the hotel. Grrr. I nearly hyperventilated, but was able to talk to him. We was very nice, just like you, PQ! He said I made his day!

So you see, it could happen.

Karen • June 27, 2008 at 6:39 am

Just bought your book in New Zealand at the local Borders – you’re an international star now! :)

Karen • June 27, 2008 at 7:17 am

Bob Barker, the host of the Price is Right and his late wife were huge animal rights advocate and one of the things they promoted was spaying an neutering of dogs and cats.

“Believing that there are just too many cats and dogs being born, Bob Barker set up a foundation in 1994 that funds grants for spay/neuter clinics. Called the DJ & T Foundation for his wife and mother who both loved animals, Barker reports that the foundation “has helped clinics all over the United States. We’ve given away more than a million dollars in grants. The foundation helps low-cost or free spay/neuter clinics; low-cost or free mobile clinics, and organizations that are establishing clinics”

Now you know the connection, Wendy :D

Red • June 30, 2008 at 8:05 pm

I did spay my dog about a month ago. Poor Maeby.

Elizabeth • July 3, 2008 at 11:26 pm

Maybe you could remind your readers that they can get an autographed copy from you at BlogHer! I will be emailing you soon with your definite signing time, by the way :)