Weight: 185 – Pounds left to lose: 25

Down another pound this week. Not much else to say. I’m off to buy some more dumbbells. Hopefully I’ll be able to carry them up the steps. That’s one of the funny things about buying dumbbells, they don’t actually get any lighter when you have to move them for purposes other than weight training.

BrightAngel • March 3, 2007 at 10:24 am

What are the weights of your new dumbbells?

mickey • March 3, 2007 at 12:09 pm

if you don’t already have them, i would recommend getting the speedpac dumbbells from reebok (i think). i got them at target in NYC for $60. they go from 5 lbs up to 25 – you just move the pin on the actual dumbbell back and forth until you get the weight you want. they are pretty nifty.

never thought i’d be a shill for anything, but there you are.

bitchwhoblogs • March 3, 2007 at 12:19 pm

Congrats on another pound lost!!! And way to go on being less than half of you… Nope, doesn’t quite have the same ring… I was recently thinking about how wild it is that all those .8lbs, 1lb, 1.3lbs add up to a quarter or a half a person gone… I am 7 pounds a way from a quarter of me gone… nope, still not real ring to it…

PastaQueen • March 3, 2007 at 1:53 pm

BrightAngel – I got a 12lb and a 15lb. I was just exaggerating about carrying them up the stairs. Combined they weigh more than I have to lose now.

Chris H • March 3, 2007 at 2:43 pm

Oh how exciting! 25 pounds to go! Those last few are the hardest, anyone told ya about that? I had to work even harder than at the start to lose those last few…..I am sure you are going to get there though! Keep it up mate, you are looking amazing!

AnaBell • March 3, 2007 at 7:04 pm

I salivate every time I see those speedpac dumbells. Shipping charges for those are crazy high.

mal • March 3, 2007 at 10:37 pm

It just amazes me how you go down and down and down.

jodi • March 4, 2007 at 10:55 am

ha, i just bought dumbells myself but only 3-pounders (for my pilates workout)… gotta love places like marshalls for workout stuff, they have great prices! congrats on 25 to go! :-)

Janice Bridge • March 4, 2007 at 11:48 am

Congratulations PQ! The week after reaching a memorable number can often be a challenge.

Heather • March 4, 2007 at 1:23 pm

My boyfriend was less than amused last time I got new dumbbells, and determined they were too heavy to carry to the checkout and up to our condo and made him do it. :D

Wow, 185! Seems like just yesterday you were happily breaking under 200. Way to go! You’re a real inspiration.

Trixie Belden • March 4, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Congratulations – your goal is within arms reach!

Jancd • March 5, 2007 at 9:45 am

You have inspired me to start once again. I weight this morning (258) and planned my snack and meal on South Beach. You look beautiful in the leg of your big pants. This is exciting.

Vamp • March 5, 2007 at 2:25 pm

You’re doing great PQ. ^_^ I just wish I was as far along as you are, I’m barely into my first 10 pounds lost and with 160+ more to go I’m just.. impatient I suppose. *sighs*

Jen • March 5, 2007 at 4:04 pm

You’re doing great. It is funny about dumbbells. I remember we were helping a friend and her husband move. He was a bodybuilder and had hundreds of pounds of dumbbells but claimed he couldn’t lift the furniture because of his bad back. I remember being very, very annoyed as this muscular but good-for-nothing guy watched us move all his stuff. My friend ended up divorcing him because that kind of uselessness was part of his basic character.

Les • March 5, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Congrats on the pound. Come on, run on up the steps.

jancd • March 6, 2007 at 10:44 am

Stuck to South Beach all Day 1. That’s a start. I’m sure you won’t be surprised that I am down about 3 pounds. Day 2 in is progress.

PastaQueen • March 6, 2007 at 10:43 pm

mal – Watch it! You’re going to jinx me!

starbird • March 6, 2007 at 11:03 pm

Don’t forget – your weight will asymptotically approach your goal, but never reach it. The only solution: make a new lower goal, knowing you’ll only get close. I know you love your body now, but if it is like my body, it loves to play tricks on you. I didn’t get to my goal weight until I changed the goal post by a few pounds to my college weight, where I haven’t been for, uh, several decades. :-)

Congratulations on your continuing progress and your fabulous sense of humor!