Weight: 190 – Pounds left to lose: 30

Back down to an even 190 this week. Some people commented on how fast I blew through the 190’s, so you obviously jinxed me from reaching the 180’s. I’m sure it had nothing to do with all the muffins I ate last weekend. Nothing at all.

I am now officially signed up for Turbo Cardio Kickboxing. It starts next month, which gives me plenty of time to collect some boxes to kick. I still have some cardboard boxes leftover from my move, though the closest I came to kicking them was when I stubbed my toe on a box of books. Ouch!

The kickboxing class is part of a community education program and I find it fun just to read the catalog and think of all the things I could become. They offer blacksmithing! I could cast my own dumbbells! And there’s belly dancing, so after I take blacksmithing I can make my own finger cymbals.

Smissy • January 20, 2007 at 10:22 am

You always makes me laugh PQ! You’re doing so well as always – such an inspiration to me and so many others. Keep us up to date on how that blacksmithing class goes :).

Melissa • January 20, 2007 at 10:30 am

I just began reading your blog a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I have gone back and red all the archives and I must say you are an amazing woman!

You have been a real inspiration to me. When I am feeling like diving head first into a pan of brownies, I can come and read a few of your entries and voila!- the urge is gone! (that and I also gave up that Dr. Pepper smack so my cravings are so much less!)

Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

Janice Bridge • January 20, 2007 at 3:01 pm

Yes – Blacksmithing! Do they carry glass blowing by any chance? (great for oxygenation)? Have you considered a sewing class? Or maybe meditation?

The world is there for each of us to discover. . .

Oh yes and the 180s will happen. . . trust me

jen • January 20, 2007 at 3:38 pm

I’m a class junkie myself. I love learning new things. Belly dancing AND blacksmithing, how fun.

Samiam • January 21, 2007 at 12:23 am

Jinxed! ha! I bet you’ll be in the 180’s by next week! ;)

losing it again... • January 21, 2007 at 4:08 am

After one week of kickboxing, you’ll be in the 180s in no time. Great blog! =)

Erin • January 21, 2007 at 10:21 am

Bellydancing…blacksmithing? You could be a one woman Renaissance Festival before the year’s over! Cardio Turbo Amped Hispeed…whatever…Kickboxing sounds fierce and awesome. Can’t wait to hear your posts about it.

Congrats on your loss again this week!

La- • January 21, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Congrats! I would love to see 190 again! You are doing awesome and I am glad to have found your blog. YOu go girl.. you can blow through those 80’s too!!!

Tiff • January 22, 2007 at 9:05 am

you are AWESOME! I can’t believe how close you are to the 180’s… good luck with that!

Kris • January 22, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Thank you for your inspiration! I just wanted to share that I found some good advice, support and recipes on healthybalance.com. Also, there are health calculators on there that are very informative.

Jenny • January 22, 2007 at 6:43 pm

Wail till you start kickboxing – you’ll not only be in the 180’s, but you’ll be amazed at how it reshapes your butt and hips and legs in just a few weeks. Stick with it through the initial pain, and you’ll be wondering why you didn’t try it sooner.