In case you don’t read the comments, the blog was mentioned in the Wall Street Journal’s Blog Watch column yesterday. You have to have a subscription to read the whole column online, which I don’t. So I braved the cold Indianapolis winter and parallel parked for the first time in half a year to buy a copy from the bookstore downtown. Thanks, WSJ! Now that I am famous, I will need an entourage. Any volunteers? Sorry, I don’t offer health care. I’ll need some bling too, so my entourage’s first task will be to scour the local pawn shops for shiny rich stuff.
After two years of losing weight and blogging, I’ve lost 180 pounds and I got a nice mention in a national newspaper. What other things could I have achieved in two years?
I could have:
- Gotten an associate’s degree in business, so when I take over the world I’ll also have a very nice marketing plan to pitch the cardiovascular benefits of trench digging.
- At an episode a day, watched almost all of the 400 episodes of The Simpsons twice.
- Paid off 2/3 of my car loan, thus owning everything from the trunk forward.
- Run a campaign for president, if I were older than 35 and the thought of politics didn’t induce bulimia.
- Painted half the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel and eliminated my underarm flab.
- Developed a video sharing site more popular than breathing and sold it to Google for $1.65 billion dollars.
There’s a lot you can do in two years. Here’s to 2009 and the possibilities ahead.