Progress Photos

The latest progress photos are below, along with the starting weight pics for reference purposes and to make me look even thinner. Seriously, you always look thinner when you stand next to someone fatter than you. For those of you who don’t have the Flash Plug-in, the images only progress page is here.

My first reaction when comparing these pics to the 203 pound pics was “Huh, I don’t look any different.” My fat detector isn’t very sensitive. Maybe if it were I wouldn’t have gotten so big to begin with. This is the first time I’ve waited only 10 pounds between photos instead of 20, so it should be expected that the difference wouldn’t be as great as it had been previously. I did an overlay between my last two pics and got this:

Which shows that I have lost some weight, most of it in my boobs. Because that’s the first place you want to lose the weight when you’re a girl. Please, ignore my thighs and my ass, just take my boobs. Okay, okay, I admit, I lost some in the belly and other places too. I just miss my breasts, okay?

Either way, I still look awesome and thank you in advance for the kind things I know you’re bound to say.

Anne • January 7, 2007 at 8:27 pm

I always look forward to your progress pictures, you look so awesome.

kayley • January 7, 2007 at 8:52 pm

and your face!? Your teeny nose is all teenier, your jawline is totally different. Still smashing and still inspiring lots of people.

thanks!

Tee • January 7, 2007 at 8:53 pm

You are truly an inspiration!!!

You look awesome.

Monica • January 7, 2007 at 9:03 pm

That’s what happened to me too. Past a certain point, I basically lose 3 lbs of boobage for every 5 lbs lost.

Your hips have gotten smaller too. Either that, or your arms have gotten longer, heh.

C • January 7, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Kayley is right – your face looks so much different. You look great. And I don’t want to be critical, but may I offer a bit of constructive criticism? I would LOVE to see you standing really tall in your next progress pictures! I know you’re already tall, so rock it! Added benefits of good posture (beyond the health ones) are more prominent breasts and a flatter belly. Thanks for the enjoyable reading, and keep up the good work.

Monica • January 7, 2007 at 9:18 pm

p.s. Now do this. C’mon, you know you wanna!!

DaBaum • January 7, 2007 at 9:20 pm

Okay, I’m not really a lurker, just have taken a while to read through the entire archives — plus the HUNDREDS of comments — and now I must add my 2 cents. PQ, you look so much younger! You may have lost 182 lbs., but you have also shaved off a decade. Get out your I.D. girl, cuz you’re gonna need it! Congratulations and thanks for the inspirational Web site.

C. Froggenhall • January 7, 2007 at 9:23 pm

Yep, the boobs are always the first and most to go. Feh. But dahling, you look faaaaabulous!

shinypenny • January 7, 2007 at 9:31 pm

You look fantastic! (And re the boobage: am I the only one who’s happy about losing from this area? I’ve gone from a 44DDD to a 38D and look forward to shrinking even more. I would love to be a B cup by the end, but I don’t think the extra skin will shrink that much. It’s just so much easier to be active when you don’t have all that weight bouncing around up front. Not to mention no more backaches.)

Katie • January 7, 2007 at 9:48 pm

Way to go, PQ!! You’re a major inspiration for so many of us out here! I’ve shown my DH your photos every time that you’ve posted and he is amazed at how well you’ve done :)

Elizabeth • January 7, 2007 at 9:55 pm

You look great! I can definetely tell in the face as well – you are getting tinier and tinier. Once again, you are an amazing inspiration!

Marshmallow • January 7, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Awww MAN, I wish my boobs would shrink – they still pose a big threat of knocking me unconscious whenever I do anything high impact; and this is after a 30+lb loss. [Different bodehs, different peepillz, different behayviorz I know, I know]

The change is MASSIVE – what a difference in your midsection and hips; but what probably blows me away the most as other people have commented is the change in your face. That jawline! RAWR!

Fred_erique • January 7, 2007 at 10:58 pm

I just recently found your blog and have enjoyed reading about your transformation. Your weight loss is an impressive but I think the quality of your writing is equally exceptional. Anyways, the cut of the jeans in the “After” photo looks amazing on you. I want a pair!! (wonder if they are the “Farewell, Lane Bryant!” pair)

Patty • January 7, 2007 at 11:00 pm

Your looking great, pq! I can see the difference in the tummy and of course, the boobs in that 10lbs different photo. You look like a totally different woman that’s for sure. And at your goal we want to see you in a glamour shot and all dressed up, whatcha think?

I’m on the other side of the fence, I wish I could lose more boobs but I will lose some I’m sure but I can’t get rid of these suckers. They do get in the way of running, etc!

Annie • January 7, 2007 at 11:13 pm

You do look awesome…such an inspiration to us all. I think there is one catch to the boobs thing. It doesn’t happen when you have WAY too much of them. Or maybe it is I am so big I can’t tell the different. I can’t find bras in most stores and have had to deal with the what nearly fits. As best as I can tell I am somewhere around a 46H.

scone • January 7, 2007 at 11:22 pm

Your flexo-weight visual works well with “Another One Bites the Dust.” A good omen?

Anabell • January 7, 2007 at 11:25 pm

You spin so much nicely in your latest photo!

Denise • January 7, 2007 at 11:32 pm

JUST AMAZING, thats what you are!!!

Lisa • January 7, 2007 at 11:41 pm

Awesome pics! I’m also a victim of the incredible shrinking boobs. It’s frustrating, I know! Great job – you’re looking fabulous!

anji • January 8, 2007 at 12:56 am

Hey, crazy! You look like you’re doing jumping-jacks in the second photo, hehehe…

Good job!

english muffin top • January 8, 2007 at 4:17 am

woo check you out sexy ladeee! Even your skin looks clearer and healthier. well done you.

Amanda Jane • January 8, 2007 at 5:13 am

Wow Pasta Queen, you always manage to amaze me with your wit and even more with your progress photos! What an inspiration you are. You look like a totally new person and you didnt even have an extreme makeover! :) Cant wait to see the next lot of progress photos… I cant imagine how small you will be then because you already look so slim and good! as they say in Dutch – GA ZO DOOR! Keep on going!

Susie • January 8, 2007 at 9:09 am

Amazing! You look grand – I am jealous of your lovely non-doubled chin, too! Clapping wildly here, and so impressed with your progress

dg • January 8, 2007 at 9:09 am

the last line of this entry just cracked me up bigtime :)

and i reckon you can see major progress, you look fab! your hips are melting away! i could spin these pics round all day, it is highly addictive.

(hiya there monica who linked to my old fatjeans pic, i don’t think we’ve met before!)

Moppytop • January 8, 2007 at 9:11 am

You look awesome! I am inspired for sure! As soon as I deliver this baby I am going to get in gear. I think you can kiss Lane Bryant goodbye!

kristi • January 8, 2007 at 10:32 am

Way to go!! I’m so excited for you! You’re truly and inspiration and really make me feel like I can stick with it this time. Thanks so much for posting your success!

Rachel • January 8, 2007 at 11:15 am

HOLY. EFFING. HELL! You look FABULOUS!!! I cannot WAIT until I’m as thin as you! You have no idea how motivating I find your progress pictures. I wish I would have thought to do that…

hopefulloser • January 8, 2007 at 11:27 am

Amazing!

I wish I was 5’9″ because then I’d look skinny and as good as you. According to the “5 pounds for every inch after five feet” rule, I need to lose 30 pounds to look as good as you.

damn it.

You look beautiful!

Tiff • January 8, 2007 at 12:17 pm

You look beautiful… awesome! Congrats on hitting 190 and on the progress pics… I totally see it, especially in your face and your belly!

digsite • January 8, 2007 at 12:41 pm

hi! Your blog is one of my fave weight loss blog to frequent. I just recently followed part of your instructions and made myself a 360 flash ‘before’ photo. I’m only getting started and having lost a thing yet.

You look wonderful!

Monica • January 8, 2007 at 12:59 pm

dg, I’ve only commented a few times on your blog, but I’ve been reading for about a year and a half. I’ve gone through all your archives and most of the ones at wnp, that’s why I brought ya up twice in recent comments. And I love that pic.

Dena • January 8, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Holy Crap!

You look fantastic!!! You are so inspiring to me. Today I am starting the South Beach Diet. I started reading your blog one day and was so impressed by your willpower. I was kind of depressed that I couldn’t seem to stick with anything for very long and here you were dropping weight like crazy. It was only this last couple of weeks or so that I went back and read your archives from the beginning. I never realized that you had kind of a hard time in the beginning. Seeing how you just kept trying has really inspired me to really go for it and try again. This time it’s going to be for good!!!

thank you so much!

zara • January 8, 2007 at 1:09 pm

It looks like you’re about to cough up a hairball in the animated photo. Hee.

Keep taking those photos to re-calibrate your fat dectector! Nothing like photographic evidence to boost your confidence. You look DAMN good, PQ! I’m so proud of you!

Ros • January 8, 2007 at 2:00 pm

You have lost weight in loads of places.. especially your face, which is the best.

Was looking forward to seeing the image and it didn’t disappoint.

:) Congratulations.

I am inspired to go do some exercise now :)

R

metamorphose • January 8, 2007 at 2:22 pm

You DO look awesome! Work it girl, you are mighty fine!

lme • January 8, 2007 at 2:53 pm

You look amazing!

I had to run along to work this morning and missed it, but there were going to be two women on The Today Show who’d lost 200 lbs each.

Made me think of you and that you should be invited to go on t.v. to talk about your experiences.

Would you, if they asked?

Sandi • January 8, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Your blog is always the 1st one I read. You are such an inspiration that it really can be done!! You look awesome!!!

Mymsie • January 8, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Truly inspiring and worthy of immense pride! (Trite, but true!)

dg • January 8, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Cool! it’s a small bloggin’ world. nice to meet ya monica and sorry to clog up your comments PQ :)

Jen • January 8, 2007 at 5:58 pm

Eh, just get a push-up bra or at least an underwire and you’ll never miss the boobs. :)

Samiam • January 8, 2007 at 6:04 pm

Thats awesome!!! Love the overlay!

Amy • January 8, 2007 at 6:11 pm

I am really glad that you have this site- Its really cool and you have done an absolute wonderful job :)

Thank you for sharing with us.

Kala • January 8, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Time to change the site name to A Fourth of Me. Just..Awesome.

Karen • January 8, 2007 at 7:21 pm

YOU look wonderful!!!!

Megan • January 8, 2007 at 8:05 pm

Wow, your progress is awesome to see!

Question: Do you think you will continue your website once you get down to your goal weight?

It could be Part II: keeping it off.

It will be sad to see the end of your website otherwise but great for you b/c you accomplished your goal!

PastaQueen • January 8, 2007 at 9:02 pm

lme – If the Today show offered to fly me to New York for free, I doubt I’d turn them down :)

Megan – Never fear, I will definitely keep the blog going once I hit goal. I hear maintenance is just as hard as weight loss, if not harder since you don’t get the reward of losing weight every week. I think it will also be interesting to see how I “transition” into life as a thin person. I’ll keep blogging as long as I have something to say.

Jules • January 8, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Awesome indeed. As usual, very inspiring, especially at this auspicious time of year. Happy New Year! So cool that you’ve entered it so close to goal.

Cheers

Anne • January 8, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Absolutely awesome. The geekette in me loves the flash animations and wants all the techie info on how you made it all work. The Weight Watcher in me recognizes exactly what a huge accomplishment this is. I’m so glad you didn’t wait for 20 lbs to take this new set of pics!

girlwannalose • January 9, 2007 at 2:50 am

u r an inspiration, and the weight loss is tremendous, you look like a totally new person, you made me beleive that i can win this fight no matter what :).

Candy • January 9, 2007 at 10:16 am

You, my dear, look incredible!!! Look at your new jawline!! Keep up your inspiring work! *high fives*

Misti • January 9, 2007 at 11:11 am

Congrats, PQ! Thanks for the non-flash pics for those of us still living in the 20th century. You look amazing and are truly inspiring! Can you believe you are so close to actually being half your size? Truly an accomplishment that merits at minimum a slightly inflated ego! BTW, thanks for the tour of your fridge. I, for one, would enjoy reading a few of your daily menus, too.

kalmia • January 9, 2007 at 11:18 am

At the risk of sounding repetitive here, you look awesome! The weight is not just coming off your boobs (and count me among the totally envious about that), it’s also coming off your entire upper body — neck, back, and stomach.

I think one of the reasons why you thought at first that you didn’t look any different is because the newer dark jeans seem to have a wider leg cut, or perhaps they’re just made of thicker denin.

I’m an apple shape, and for me the most reliable visual indicator of weight loss is my waist measurement. I’m still struggling to get below the 30″ mark.

kimberly • January 9, 2007 at 11:33 am

hoLEEE cow. You know, I only kind of stop in here now and then but now that I’m embarking on my OWN weight-loss adventure (yay adventure!) I’ll be here much more often.

You should be so proud of yourself! :)

K • January 9, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Back in focus, too!

caroline • January 9, 2007 at 4:46 pm

You look amazing! Losing that much weight is an absolutely tremendous achievement. But what really sticks with me is that you’re doing it by yourself. You are my hero.

it's all • January 9, 2007 at 7:18 pm

it’s ALL about your chin. The ten lbs came off of your jaw area, and really defined your face.

YOU LOOK SO GOOD!!!

Allison • January 9, 2007 at 8:08 pm

You look AMAZING!! I agree, you lost most of it in your chin, you look awesome.

(I miss my boobs, too. I had my surg 12/1/05 and I totally lost them and I mourn them every day)

Kristeee • January 9, 2007 at 8:52 pm

Wow! You look amazing! Thanks for including the link to the flash stuff, too.

lovelines • January 10, 2007 at 3:35 am

wow! you look fabulous! i am so impressed with your dedication and discipline. yay you! :)

Laura • January 10, 2007 at 7:57 am

Even though there are a million comments, I just had to add my own after viewing your recent photos. Do you realize how many people you have inspired? And as another said, your quality of writing also brings us back again and again. But most of all, as I share this weight loss journey about 100 pounds behind you, I must say: YOU ARE MY HERO!!

irfan • January 23, 2007 at 10:25 am

i like u.i m irfan live from pakistan .would u like friendship with me.plz send me mail.i wait ur mail.ok

bye bye

Goomba Girl • January 28, 2007 at 3:59 am

I have just read your entire blog in one sitting.

You are awsome. Good job!

And I know you’ve heard it, BUT: You look AWSOME. Your face really has slimmed down! Good for you!

And don’t worry about the boobage.

Boobs are good in all shapes and sizes! : )

Nicole • April 20, 2011 at 10:13 am

That’s amazing. You actually look taller. Great job!