Weight: 201 – Pounds left to lose: 41

Ouch! I seriously considered lying about my weigh-in today or just post yesterday morning’s weight of 199.4 or the day before that which was 198.4. However that would make me a total hypocrite when I talk about being honest, so there’s the number in all its terrible glory, like that evil blazing eye from the Lord of the Rings movies. It’s easy to share the losses, but you’ve really got to suck it up to share the gains. Sucking it up will additionally make you look thinner.

At least part of this is menstrual bloat, which explains how I could “gain” two pounds in two days. The other part is probably due to the fact that I’ve only been able to walk this week, not run, because of my ankle. Walking doesn’t push me that much anymore, even with inclines. Exercise that doesn’t push you is boooooooooring. I even started watching TV shows while strolling along and it was still tedious.

Hopefully my ankle will heal all the way soon and I can start abusing it again. Then I’ll be back in the 100’s. This is only temporary! Don’t cry for me Argentina!

yo • December 9, 2006 at 1:36 pm

it’s ok, girl. Go look at your own progress entries — you always have little gains here and there around your cycle before big losses. I have been doing your “weigh daily with an ‘official’ weigh-in day” thing, and was 209.5 on Monday — but 211 on my official day on Tuesday. So I feel you.

ps • December 9, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Also, have you tried an exercise bike? I used to think exercise bikes were for 67 year old people and burned no calories, but was using one recently with my trainer when my ankle was bothering me, and they kicked my ass completely if you go fast/turn up resistance knob.

Also, i feel like it helps my running — i think the biking strengthens my thigh muscles and makes me a stronger runner.

They say different exercises are good to prevent repetitive injuries…

livingrainbowcolor • December 9, 2006 at 2:44 pm

Don’t forget that you’re only talking about 2.6 pounds here. If you drank a liter of water and haven’t passed it yet, that covers 2.2 pounds without blinking.

I lost a kilo in 2 days just due to TOM. Spent practically the while day in the bathroom.

Samiam • December 9, 2006 at 2:53 pm

We’re at about the same weight so I can totally empathize! With daily fluctiations I dread those mornings when I look down and see that two in front! I’m really looking forward to the day when I will forever leave behind the dreaded 2!

Hilly • December 9, 2006 at 11:05 pm

A lot of people get stuck floating around 200 for awhile…I have no idea why. Hey, you are doing really well for it being the holiday season!

janice Bridge • December 10, 2006 at 3:00 am

Your honesty is one of the things we all appreciate most, PQ.

This is NOT a trend – it is a short term hiccup in the flow.

Mahalo

Andrea • December 10, 2006 at 7:55 am

Hang in there! Last week I faced my first “posting a gain” day on my blog, and it was tough. I was so tempted to just skip it, to not put the number there for all to see.

But I realized I created my blog to give myself some accountability and keep myself honest. If I was going to “pretty up” or deny my errors, what was the point? So I sucked it up and laid it out there. Fortunately, this week that gain is gone, plus some extra loss for good measure. But I wonder if it would have happened if I hadn’t forced myself to face the cold, hard truth.

Anyway, keep it up! I’m 15 pounds behind you and trying my best to join you there in the onderfuls!

v'ron • December 10, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Oh, how many times I have wanted to post a lying number on my blog. Once I even did so, but corrected it before I clicked “published.” but I totally understand about not ever wanting to type in a number that begins with 2 EVER AGAIN.

I was just telling a friend the other day though, that the reason I seem to be actually losing weight this time round is precisely because the blog keeps me honest. I don’t know why — I think its the fear of hypocrisy you mention. I may be fat, but dang it, at least I’m not a hypocrite!

matar_am • May 11, 2008 at 7:56 am