Weight: 216 – Pounds left to lose: 56

Wowzers! Down another two pounds this week. I think I’ll go take a victory lap around my kitchen counter…Okay, I’m back. My counter isn’t that big.

I’m a bit surprised that I’m losing again. When contemplating the Big Migration of 2006 I was well prepared to gain five pounds with my routines getting screwed up. However, I’m getting back into the swing of things, starting to walk regularly again. I did Pilates a few days ago for the first time in two weeks and was pleasantly surprised to find my abdominal muscles had not turned to Tapioca pudding. Which is good because I prefer chocolate pudding, with a dollop of Lite Cool Whip on top. Mmmmm, yum.

I hope to be below 200 pounds by my birthday at the end of October. Sixteen pounds in 4 months sounds doable. That will also make me overweight instead of obese by my BMI! That would be the best birthday gift of all. Well, maybe an iPod would be the best birthday gift of all, but the BMI thing would be good too.

Marly • June 24, 2006 at 2:43 pm

I’m doing a victory dance for you!

I know what you mean about the exercise, I quit my aerobics class about a month ago and for two weeks I did NOTHING… But I’m back in the swing of things, jogging and weightlifting 6 days a week and hopefully picking up some yoga soon…

Kelly • June 24, 2006 at 5:27 pm

Congratulations on continuing the trip down! You can totally do 16 pounds by the end of October.

Dee • June 24, 2006 at 10:27 pm

Hahah I cracked up @ the wasn’t so big bench LOL

But Congrats@ another 2lbs!!! Dang girl 14lbs to be under 200, you’re phenominal.

Debbi • June 25, 2006 at 7:14 am

Add my cheers to all the others’!

Ms. X • June 25, 2006 at 7:23 am

Your journey is just incredible to read! And you record it with such a great sense of humor. I just found your blog a few days ago, and quickly became addicted. I’m at the beginning of my own journey, and your words are helping me to stay lighthearted and focus on the humor of it all, so thanks for that.

Me • June 25, 2006 at 12:48 pm

I commented below- but if you are 5’9 and weigh 216- you have to be fitting size 18 or smaller! I am about the same height and weight and I have sizes 14-18 in my closet- and most 18s are just too big. Whats up?

PastaQueen • June 25, 2006 at 1:20 pm

Me – If we’re talking about dress sizes, I can fit into a size 14. However, I usually refer to my jean size since I hardly ever wear dresses. Right now I’m a size 20 jeans, but I will probably be fitting into a size 18 soon. I think the sizing has to do with the fact that I have small boobs. If you were to rearrange my fat so more of it was on top, I’d still weigh the same but probably be able to wear size 16 or 14 jeans.

Rowan • June 25, 2006 at 3:45 pm

I found your blog via another blog, ilovetv.com.

I like what you have done with your blog here – love the stats and overlay pic, very cool!

Congratulations on your success – I hope to find my way there too, slowly but surely.

heavy1ne.blogspot.com

Rowan

Michelle • June 25, 2006 at 4:44 pm

You blog is wonderful, your progress is inspiring, and I’m totally hooked!! Congrats on the most recent loss. Your doing wonderfully!!!

~M

Kim • June 26, 2006 at 3:29 pm

Wowzers is right! Congrats on another awesome week!

Richard • June 28, 2006 at 10:25 am

Congratulations on your progress – the pictures look great! One thing (from someone who’s been there himself — I lost most of my weight through walking, and now run marathons for fun — judging from the 360 degree shots (great idea btw), you may be surprised as to how you look if you did a bit of a wardrobe update for some tighter more form-fitting clothes. I know it took me a long time to be brave enough to do that, but I think you may be skinnier than you give yourself credit for. Anyway, that’s probably a bit weird for a 2nd comment on a random stranger’s blog, but hey… Keep up the good work!