Weight: 228 – Pounds left to lose: 68

Two straight weeks of gaining. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me since I started losing. Damn you, Cadbury corporation! I should egg your corporate headquarters with your own eggs! You’ll just have to lick the windows clean yourselves!

Looks like I’ll be hanging out in the 220’s for awhile. I’ll just keep chanting “It’s not a plateau, it’s muscle mass. It’s not a plateau, it’s muscle mass.” Though honestly, I have no clue if it is. Proof positive that it’s the latter: I went to a bridal shower today and I was able to sit in the straight-backed chairs at the restaurant for over two hours without any back pain. Hmmm. Methinks the Pilates may actually be working. Thank you, dead fitness guru with a funny last name!

Another event to be filed under “Things I’ve never done this century or quite possibly ever” – I ran a mile last night without slowing down to walk. A whole mile! Running! Me! The fat girl! I honestly don’t think I’ve ever done that in my life. In PE class I would always make sure to run when I was passing the coach at the beginning of the lap, but then I’d slow down to a walk on the far corner. Because, you know, he totally couldn’t see me from across the track. Uh-huh.

I think it’s fair to say I am currently in the best shape of my life. So screw you, weight gain! I don’t care! Nyah, nyah!

Rachel • April 23, 2006 at 12:37 am

Congrats on being able to run a mile non-stop! I was VERY excited when I was able to finally run a full mile. It was very recently too. You are so awesome–you are a total inspiration to me!!

eve • April 23, 2006 at 2:39 am

Congrats on running the mile! That’s awesome!!

BTW, I also wanted to tell you how COOL your “progress animations” are! I was transfixed, spinning your model around! :) It is so cool!

Debbi • April 23, 2006 at 6:21 am

I love your attitude about this week’s progress, and am in awe that you can do Pilates. IMNSHO, it’s much more difficult than yoga, and I haven’t worked my way back into a regular practice.

And, thanks so much for commenting on my lawn mowing adventures the other day. I don’t know if I’d have found your blog otherwise, and I’m glad I did!

Joie • April 23, 2006 at 7:55 am

Running 1 mile!!!

That’s awsome!

A real milestone and you should be very proud of yourself, we are :)

Marly • April 23, 2006 at 5:52 pm

We should throw you a little blog party or something… Complete and total congrats! Your weight probrably is muscle mass. Sometimes you get heavier in weight but smaller in size…

You’re getting denser!

Please take that as a compliment.

Dee • April 23, 2006 at 5:54 pm

aside from sucky easter gain, I’m totally down with egging cabury too!!

Congratulations on the run. seriously I remember how amazed I was at actually running, something I thought wasn’t designed for.

“oh no, I can’t run… it’s just how I am”

So awesome Hun.

Amyt • April 24, 2006 at 7:59 am

the beauty of going to a highschool with 4000 students was that the gym teacher had no idea at all how many laps you ran. they “trusted” us. ha. ofcourse now i’m considering paying for the priviledge to run on a real track. irony stands up, waves.

little miss ess • April 24, 2006 at 12:37 pm

Wooohooo! 1 mile. That’s great! It’s frustrating, I know, oh how I know, to be up a couple of pounds. But you ran a mile!

Jen • April 24, 2006 at 1:06 pm

You are doing FANTASTIC!

You are doing a wonderful job of working out, watching what you eat….

You’ve taught me loads. Stay positive, you’re doing great!

snackiepoo • April 25, 2006 at 4:16 pm

That’s the spirit!

Kari • March 12, 2007 at 7:20 pm

Sometimes I wish there was a way to know if you’re gaining muscle mass and not weight. Or if you’re retaining water, or whatever. Recently I had someone figure out my body fat percentage. It wasn’t pretty, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be–something like 32%. I can definitely tell that I am toning up, though. I feel it in my arms, and a little in my legs. I can also tell when my abs are flexed. I’m far off from a six pack, but I’m a work in progress. I love working out with weights, and actually get a light sweat while doing it. It’s important to keep a balance and to alternate certain exercises. I also noticed that I’m (ewww) sweating more, which is somewhat satisfying. A medical professional told me that as I become more athletic, my body will become more efficient at cooling itself. I like sweating, and I like feeling that ache after working out; it feels like I’m doing something right, and that I’m working hard!