New Progress Photo

Finally, the much anticipated progress photo is here! Sorry it took so many days to put together. There’s a long story behind the delay which involves a dirty pair of pants, a rusted pipe in the laundry room, a somewhat unreliable brother who works in the plumbing department of a local hardware store and conflicting definitions of the phrase “I’ll fix it tomorrow.” Why don’t we throw a baby panda in there while we’re at it? Baby pandas are cuteness on a stick (a butterstick)!

To sum up. Here is me fat (a year ago) and now not quite as fat (today). I look quite skinny standing next to my old fatter self. And my arms have gotten longer! Er, not. They’re just less at an angle now.

I once tried to use my photo manipulation skills to see what I would look like at my goal weight, but I just looked like an ironing board with a pony tail. Getting the curves right is hard. Props to all the artists who manipulate images for magazine covers because it’s harder than it looks. Not as hard as drawing an egg though. It’s easier to break eggs than to draw them.

Milana • January 18, 2006 at 9:07 pm

YOU LOOK AMAZING! I have no other words. AMAZING :)

a kokomo girl • January 18, 2006 at 9:15 pm

You are doing so wonderful, keep up all the great work! And as you grow stronger so do many of your readers. Thanks for being an inspiration to all.

Manny • January 18, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Unreal! Just keep it up!

Manny • January 18, 2006 at 9:54 pm

You made my Wednesday night!

SUSAN • January 18, 2006 at 10:49 pm

JUST WANT TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME! I’m 310 pounds – 5’6″ tall. I have tried many times to lose weight but it is really effecting my health now and I know I have to do this. I want to but wanting something doesn’t always make it happen. I need to. I must. I think I need to be on the “shut your mouth” diet. The more I try to diet to the more I seem to eat. I feel like I sabotage myself. I’ll let you know how I am doing. I love your website. I can’t wait to see you at your goal weight. You make me happy. Thanks.

Mark • January 18, 2006 at 11:18 pm

I think you should upgrade your spin program to allow spinning around a horizontal axis in addition to the vertical axis. Also, maybe some color swatch buttons so we can change the color of your blouse.

M. • January 18, 2006 at 11:41 pm

Haha ^^, yeah, you could use this

as an inspiration.

Judy Warner • January 19, 2006 at 4:26 am

fantastic, this has got to be so hard! even losing 10 is daunting, hats off to you. I enjoy your blog whenever you write, so thanks. Judy

Julie • January 19, 2006 at 6:31 am

Shocking! (in the best way). Congratulations to you!

Beth • January 19, 2006 at 7:52 am

Awesome!! Thanks way much for the ongoing inspiration.

Kate • January 19, 2006 at 8:28 am

Wow! You look great!

jbedor • January 19, 2006 at 9:46 am

Great photos! I wish I would have thought to take a beginning adn progress photos. That would be interesting to see. Keep it up!

hilly • January 19, 2006 at 11:45 am

You are amazing and look amazing and just wow!

Keep on inspiring all of us!

Jen • January 19, 2006 at 1:35 pm

You look fantastic! Congrats!

Be proud of yourself.

hopefulloser • January 19, 2006 at 2:31 pm

Insano! That’s frikin’ awesome! You look amazing! Has your boss said anything yet? I remember you writing that he hadn’t for a while. What are some of the responses you’ve been getting?

You Rock!

kathryn • January 19, 2006 at 2:37 pm

Wowsers – fantastic.

Queen • January 19, 2006 at 3:01 pm

I can’t think of anything to say that hasn’t been said. Really. Well, other than, I KNOW exactly how you feel. Prolly down to the pound. It’s amazingly freeing and difficult to explain, you’ve got to experience it and YOU are. Keep up the hard work — please feel free to kick my a$$ anytime!!

Kaylene • January 19, 2006 at 3:55 pm

I’ve been reading your site for about a month now (and loving every post)! Congratulations on such a wonderful, exciting and hard earned accomplishment. You’re humor and wit constantly refreshes my commitment to getting– and staying–healthy. I’m looking forward to everything that you’ll achieve in the future. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dee • January 19, 2006 at 6:36 pm

WOW! look at those collar bones (they’re so hawt) Simply amazing! I so hope you’re strutting around.

zara • January 19, 2006 at 7:27 pm

I’m so glad you take these photos so you can see the progress. It’s stunning! You must feel so proud – and you should!! KICK ASS! :)

Jen • January 20, 2006 at 9:11 am

ohmagawdohmagawdohmagawdohmagawd

I just had to look at your pics again. Look at your neck! I want a neck like that. Damn I’m jealous ; )

Fatgirl • January 21, 2006 at 9:35 pm

You look great!!! It is so amazing to look at your “before” and “now” pictures!!!