Weight: 249 – Pounds left to lose: 89

Two hundred and forty nine pounds! Do you know what this means? I actually weigh what I said I did on my driver’s license and I only had to lose 120 pounds to do it!

If DMV workers had a dollar for every pound people have lied about on their driver’s licenses, they sure wouldn’t have to work at the DMV anymore. Though they probably would because it’d be pretty lucrative.

I think the Department of Transportation is missing out on an excellent revenue opportunity here ;) Just imagine if you had to pay a dollar for every pound you got to knock off your driver’s license weight. Forget speeding tickets, this is where the money is! The Catholic church used to do something like that with indulgences. Buy an indulgence and your sin got wiped away. Money really could buy weight loss.

ETA: I was hacking my blogging software code last night and it looks like I got a little carried away and comments were disabled until around noon EST. Sorry if anyone tried to comment and couldn’t! It’s all fixed now and I’ll try to remind myself not to mess with things I don’t understand.

M. • December 17, 2005 at 1:24 pm

Good job!

It’s always funny when people talk about their Driver’s licence weight, I live in Canada and I’m not sure about the other provinces but where I live they don’t put our weight on the driver’s licence. It’s a good thing too, cause I’d probably call them every time I lost a pound, to renew my licence.

PastaQueen • December 17, 2005 at 2:15 pm

Evidently it varies from state to state. Indiana requires it, but my friend in Kentucky said they don’t require it anymore.

hilly • December 17, 2005 at 3:51 pm

Yay, it is fixed.

Erg, geez what was my comment earlier? Oh probably that if everyone lied as much as I have and your policy was in effect, I would work at the DMV, ha!

kathryn • December 17, 2005 at 5:29 pm

Thank god we don’t have to put our weight on our licence in Australia. That is so weird. Is it there for the whole world to see?

scone • December 17, 2005 at 7:01 pm

About the lower back pain: if you’re able to do a bit more abdominal work now, that should really help. Instead of sit ups, maybe you could try an aqua-aerobics class– it’s fun, and ab work is so much more comfortable when you don’t have to lift against the wretched gravity we have here.

Dee • December 17, 2005 at 7:15 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! wow 120lbs and you’re still going strong, you’re very inspiring Hun :D

I’m happy along with Kathryn they don’t need our weight on our licences but I think my licence says I am 10cms less then what I am – for some odd reason I thought I was 5’2″ for the longest time when I’m really 5’5″-6″. I try to change it all the time but no one does it – annoying!

But I digress.

Awesome job, have a great weekend!!

Jenn K • December 17, 2005 at 10:24 pm

WOW!! Congrats on a fantastic loss this week :) We in NV have to have our weight on our licence. Which reminds me… I need to update mine!! It’s over 20 pound heavier than I really am :) YAY! hehehe

Heidi • July 2, 2008 at 1:12 am

Weird. I was just thinking tonight about how happy I’ll be when I actually weigh what my driver’s license says. I’ve put 250 on there ever since high school–even though that is NOT what I weighed then. I renewed mine in April. The last one was from 14 months earlier when I moved. I could not BELIEVE both pics were me. One of those “WOW, look what I’ve done” moments.