Christmas Binge

Oink! I don’t think I could have pigged out more over Christmas if I’d grown a curly tail and started rolling around in the mud. Do you know how hard it is to find mud in December?

The Christmas Eve family get-together went fine. I had a bit of cheesecake, but otherwise stuck to the plan. Then on Christmas day I inhaled my weight in chocolate. Who needs to chew when you can just snort the stuff? My mother got a fancy, dual layer plate thing-ama-jig from a friend and used it to display candy. I fell into the “just one more piece” mentality and ended up eating way too much and feeling sick later. Will I never learn?

Then on the day after Christmas my mother decided to buy clearance candy, so again, I saw and I ate. I wish she didn’t feel the need to buy stuff simply because it’s on sale. I think she’d buy cyanide capsules if they were 2 for the price of 1. To finish off this week of decadence, my mother’s birthday was yesterday, so we had a delicious black forest cake. Mmmm, frosting.

Wow, that was like a good old Catholic confessional, wasn’t it? Bless me father for I have eaten way too frickin’ much. The funniest thing though was that I sneaked a peak on the scales on the morning of the 27th just to see how much damage I had done. I’d actually lost 2 pounds since Saturday. I think the scale has been infected by a computer virus written by a hacker with a demented sense of humor. That or all that chocolate acted as a laxative and completely cleaned out my system. Either way, I seriously doubt that will hold until my next Saturday weigh-in.

I wish I hadn’t indulged quite as much as I did, but I can’t really beat myself up over it since I’ve been sooooo good this year. Plus, the next time I eat candy is probably going to be Easter. This was like getting 5 months of candy eating done in just 3 days. I’m so efficient!

Kirsten • December 28, 2005 at 11:15 am

Finding mud: Come to Edinburgh and walk towards my workplace, nearly killing self by slipping on said substance.

Well, it wouldn’t have happened had I not been wearing silly girly shoes. And I didn’t actually fall on my bum.

(This is merely persiflage intended to disguise the fact that I know exactly what you’re talking about, above. C’mon, how much damage CAN a person do in just three days? Not much, right?)

Fatslayer • December 28, 2005 at 12:36 pm

Confession is good for the soul – plus we get absolution, right? So that means the calories will be cancelled out in the long run. ;o)

I don’t think a 3 day blow-out is the end of the world – plus efficiency of that magnitude deserves to be applauded.

Roll on Easter…oink!

ashley • December 28, 2005 at 1:59 pm

The more I held off the more I binged. I feel your pain lol. Congrats on the weight loss. Want to send some of that luck of this way? ;-)

Steve • December 29, 2005 at 2:19 pm

I hate that you binged. Its a shame people surround us with that stuff especially when so many of us are prone to depression. Kepp it in perspective and keep fighting.

kathryn • December 29, 2005 at 2:54 pm

I feel oddly hungry now. I kinda miss that Christmas chocolate binge. I’ve been picking on chocolates and stuff ever since. Mayhaps I should have got it all out of my system.

Milana • December 29, 2005 at 10:54 pm

I just wanted to say that I have been reading your blog for the last few weeks, and that you have been a huge inspiration for me. You should be very proud of how far you have come, and I look forward to reading about the rest of your journey.

Kari • March 12, 2007 at 2:42 pm

I was told by a medical professional that it can take up to two weeks for weight to show up, after I expressed surprise in not gaining any weight a few days after a “binge.” When I do have a binge, it always seems like I’m trying to do damage control afterwards. I have to confess how bad I’ve been to someone, anyone, and then I hit the gym hard, sort of a pre-emptive strike against the inevitable weight gain that may or may not show up in 2 weeks! It’s a vicious cycle and mentality.