Weight: 259 – Pounds left to lose: 99

Yay! We’re finally in the 250’s! Totally a psychological thing, but I like hitting another decade of numbers. It’s like watching the odometer on a car rollover to 100,000 miles. Another reason to celebrate – for the first time the amount of weight I have left to lose is a two digit number.

Last night I dreamt I baked a big batch of éclairs, stuffed full with creamy, custardy goodness. I was quite disappointed to wake up and discover there weren’t any to eat, especially after all the work I put into them in the dream. I had an omelet instead which was not only better for me but much more filling considering it actually existed. Of course, the imaginary food didn’t have any calories, which probably makes it the most perfect food in the universe.

Mark • November 5, 2005 at 6:31 pm

Post your éclair recipe. Oh, wait, that might not be a good idea on a diet blog. Maybe you could substitute Splenda for the sugar?

PastaQueen • November 6, 2005 at 11:59 am

Mark, Mark, Mark, what can I do to get you to love the Splenda? Must I hire an exotic dancer to roll herself in the powdery white substance and show up at your doorstep for you to lick her clean? Embrace the Splenda!

hopefulloser • November 7, 2005 at 2:51 am

holy shit, those numbers look awesome.

congratulations!

Kirsten • November 7, 2005 at 4:42 am

“Of course, the imaginary food didn’t have any calories, which probably makes it the most perfect food in the universe.” *snort*

Woo hoo for the 250s! And may I also congratulate you for having a finer calibre of dream than me? Last night I dreamt I was in the gym, doing squats. It’s enough to make you wake up exhausted.

Heather • November 8, 2005 at 11:30 am

I just found your blog, and what a great ray of hope you are. What wonderful progress you’ve made. THANK YOU.

Jenn K • November 8, 2005 at 11:38 am

Wow!! Great job! I found your site last week and have been reading daily. You are a wonderful inspiration. Congrats on the double digits!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veronika • November 9, 2005 at 11:48 pm

What a major accomplishment! Congratulations :)

Chris • March 22, 2011 at 12:05 am

I love having food dreams when I’m trying to lose weight! I noticed the last time I tried to lose weight, they increased in frequency as I got closer to my goal weight. It’s strange, I enjoy them yet I’m somewhat mortified because I have the impression (as with most dreams) that it’s actually happening: I’m eating Ben & Jerry’s or chowing on a giant plate of spaghetti with meatballs. Nevertheless, I always wake up more satisfied, and it carries through the day, even as I eat my fat-free yogurts and chicken sausage :-)