February 2, 2009 at 8:40 am
The one year anniversary of my headache is coming up on February 17th, right after Valentine’s Day. I hope it gets me a gift! A fuzzy teddy bear perhaps? Or maybe a cake shaped like a Vicodin with hydrocodone ground into the icing? At the very least, it owes me back rent for all the time it’s occupied my head.
I’ve decided to post a list of all the suggested causes and cures people have sent me over the past year, from the serious to the absurd. Why? First, if you are someone who is googling the phrase “headache that doesn’t go away” or “never ending headache” or “chronic daily headache” this entry will give you a lengthy to-do list. Second, I’m going to link to this post on my contact page and if you don’t see your piece of advice listed here, then and only then may you email me about it. If someone has a good suggestion, I don’t want to turn them away, but if you’re the tenth person to tell me to [...]
January 29, 2009 at 7:29 am
1) Going to bed at 9:00 (yes, PM).
2) Watching a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie and enjoying it.
3) Sitting in a coffee shop and being annoyed by “those damn teenagers.”
4) Hearing a song on the radio and thinking, “I have that album…on cassette tape.”
5) Watching the ladies ice skaters at national’s and realizing they were all born in the 90′s.
6) Realizing I am older than Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, or Jimi Hendrix ever were.
7) Hating the snow because it’s hard to drive in instead of loving the snow because it’s fun to sled in.
8) Taking a ton of pills at night. (I skipped becoming my mother and went straight to becoming my grandmother.)
9) Feeling tired all the time.
What’s made you feel old lately?