Yesterday was a monumental day

Something HUGE happened yesterday. Something very exciting. Can you guess what?

Odometer: 99,999

My car’s odometer rolled over to 100,000! And I managed to take pictures without crashing into the BMW in front of me or taking out the well-toned rider in the bike lane!

Odometer: 100,000

I love the symmetry of this next mileage number. It’s so binary!

Odometer: 100,001

So, did anything else big happen yesterday?

Kristen • May 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Haha- I love that you did this! I did this a few years ago when my car hit 50,000, but that didn’t have the same binary element to it. Glad to know I’m not the only one who notices and documents these things. =)

Mary • May 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Another one here who is pleased to see that I am not the only one enchanted by nifty numbers on the odometer.

Natalie • May 2, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Of course something else big happened yesterday – I finally finished my enormous chocolate bunny from Easter so I can get back on track with my diet. It is a bit scary that it only took me a week to eat the equivalent of more than two family-size blocks of chocolate, but Easter (for me) is now officially OVER.

PastaQueen • May 2, 2011 at 7:39 pm

@Natalie – Only a week? That’s a long death for a chocolate bunny in my house.

Kalynskitchen • May 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I’ve only had one car that I kept long enough to pass 100,00 miles, but I remember it was pretty exciting!

Kelly • May 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Outstanding! My car’s odometer will roll over to 100,000 miles at some point in the next few months. I really hope it happens at a place where I can pull over and snap a picture… but with my luck, I’ll be doing 75mph on I-90. Le sigh. Milestones like that are so exciting!

Marina • May 3, 2011 at 11:26 am

wow! today I´ve discovered your blog! love it! thanks Marina (argentina-spain)

Mama_Dee • May 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm

My son ate with a fork for the first time. But I guess that would’nt be exciting to anyone else….hahahaha

Virginia Wallace • May 8, 2011 at 12:53 am

My car hit 100,000 miles on my 30th birthday. Double rollover!

No bookmarks avaliable.