Can you spot the most awesome thing in this photo?

What is the most awesome thing in this photo?

Anyone who said “the pastry case in the coffeeshop,” please leave now (and pick up a cinnamon roll for me while you’re at it). I am of course referring to this:

Chocolate & Vicodin up front and center at Barnes & Noble

Chocolate & Vicodin is featured on the “New in Paperback” table of Barnes & Noble, right at the front of the store. This pretty much made my year.

Susan C. • February 24, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Please tell me you signed them all and then had the staff put the “signed by the author” sticker on them. :)

Yay!

PastaQueen • February 24, 2011 at 4:24 pm

@Susan C. – Oh, that would have been a good idea, wouldn’t it? I’ll have to do that the next time I’m near there.

Brenda • February 24, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Alison C. • February 24, 2011 at 4:46 pm

OMG – We are so proud of you! I started reading it last night until I couldn’t keep my eyes open. One of my dogs then proceeded to run around the house shaking his head due to an ear infection, and I dreamed that he was shaking his head because he had a headache, and I gave him pills but it wouldn’t go away! LOL!

Kellyim • February 24, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Awesome! I downloaded it on my Kindle and started reading last night.

pinky • February 24, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I would love to run into you at the grocery store sometime and have you sign my copy*. Too many things converged on the night of your reading and I was so disappointed not to be able to make it!

*or buy you a cup of coffee some morning, whatever you are more socially comfortable with :-)

Kalynskitchen • February 24, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Yes, I can imagine that must be a pretty great feeling! I started the book last night and am really enjoying it (other than feeling very bad for you and the ordeal you’ve gone through.) Glad to know the headache has at least improved to the point where it’s more tolerable.

adrienne • February 24, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Awesome. They’re saving me the trouble of moving them there myself.

Congratulations!

Debby • February 24, 2011 at 7:07 pm

My copy arrived tonight! I can’t wait to get started on it. The next time I go to B&N, I’ll see where your book is and then see if I can make it even more visible! ;-)

Crys • February 24, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Just downloaded “Chocolate and Vicodin” to my Kindle for tonight’s hotel reading. Loved “Half-Assed” so I’m optimistic this one is as awesome or better!

Becky Brandon • February 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to read it!

Denise • February 24, 2011 at 8:13 pm

You go, girl! It must be a total rush to see your book finally in stores. Congrats!

Jocelyn • February 24, 2011 at 8:34 pm

WOW!!!! How exciting! :D Now I want to check my B&N to see if your book is there. If it is, I will totally take a picture — so should all your blog readers!

Nina • February 24, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I’m really enjoying the book and hope to heck I don’t develop a sympathy headache as I get more into it! You have been having a hell of a time trying to get a handle on the damn thing! So sorry, I would make a few suggestions but am sure you have already been there tried that! Curses!

LoriV. @ For the Run of It • February 24, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Congratulations!! That’s so awesome and I bet one of the greatest feelings in the world!

Diana • February 25, 2011 at 1:48 am

Congratulations! Can’t wait to read it.

Hunter • February 25, 2011 at 8:07 am

Jennette, just got your book in the mail. Loved it so much that I also ordered it for my Kindle. (I did the same for Half Assed). So, I’ve supported you 4 times and may I say it was well worth it. I’m almost sorry I enjoyed your book as you were obviously in so much pain and anguish. Still, your writing style is amazing and I look forward to your next book.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother • February 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm

NICE!!!! Congrats! Gotta be awesome to see it in print and on a table in a national store!

Alan • February 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Wow, Jeanette, that is SO COOL! If it’s as good as your first book, they won’t be disappointed!

jaime • February 26, 2011 at 9:39 am

i am reading this on my kindle now :) i even put down harry potter for you!!!

Kathy W. • February 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm

That’s great, means you have a good publisher. They pay B&N for that front-table positioning. (Of course, if it were me, I would have surreptitiously moved it to the front row of the table…)

auntjone • February 28, 2011 at 11:41 am

I saw it on a front table at Borders in South Bend, IN too. Unfortunately that store is closing but I thought it was nice that they are still making an effort to put new releases out! Congrats!

Kim • February 28, 2011 at 11:51 am

I live in Nebraska and I bought your book at my Barnes and Noble this weekend. I wanted to take a picture of it on the display table to send to you, but my phone battery was too low. :(

I look forward to digging into your book. Your sense of humor is great and always cracks me up. Congrats on your book release!

PainInTheNeck • March 4, 2011 at 12:18 am

Your book Chocolate and Vicodin sounds great! I found out about it from Gril From the Ghetto. You have a new follower, sufferer of chronic pain who also has not been able to stop my chocolate cravings for the last THREE days!

PainInTheNeck • March 4, 2011 at 12:20 am

That was GIRL From the Ghetto, oops!

MB • March 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Congratulations on the new book. I was so excited when I saw it in the bookstore yesterday that I got my camera out and took a picture just like this. I can’t wait to read it. Hope sales are through the roof.

Oh, sorry, they were all out of cinnamon rolls….

Janette • March 7, 2011 at 11:07 am

Congrats on the book. That has to be so exciting. Just came upon your site and I am loving it.

You Are Not A Machine. You Are Not Alone. | Smashing Magazine