Book release party post-mortem

The book release party for Chocolate & Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache that Wouldn’t Go Away was tonight at Flyleaf Books. I had a great time meeting some local readers, signing books and nomming on delicious cupcakes. If you couldn’t make it, you can still order a signed book online. Also, if you’re in the neighborhood, you can stop by Flyleaf Books tomorrow and grab some leftover cupcakes before the booksellers eat them all.

Here are some pics from the signing and of the cupcakes we made at a cupcaking party before the event. Mucho thanks to Big Bro and Sister-In-Law for use of their kitchen, and to Kindly Neighbor for helping, too. Sister-in-Law’s dad is a pharmacist, so we were able to get empty gelatin capsules to fill with color sugar and sprinkles. I promise, I didn’t really drug the audience! The other toppings were Smarties and Good and Plenty. (Good and Plenties? I don’t know the proper plural for that one.)

Cupcakes (not real Vicodin)

Cupcakes

Cupcakes

Me and my cupcakes

Gelatin capsule filled with sugar

Book reading at Flyleaf Books

Debby • February 17, 2011 at 11:46 pm

PQ, you look great! The cupcakes, too. What a nifty idea to use the gelatin caps. I’m glad that the book party went well, and I can hardly wait for my book to arrive so I can dig into it. Congratulations!

Jackie • February 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm

My daughter and I were lucky enough to be at this event and we had a great time. I was so nice to be able to finally meet Jennette after reading her blog for so long. She’s as nice in person as she seems in her blog and you should all go out and buy her book!

Debbi • February 18, 2011 at 6:28 am

The cupcakes are so darned cute, and so are you. Very clever! Wish I could have been there. My book is on its way, can’t wait!

Hunter • February 18, 2011 at 8:18 am

Jennette, You look fabulous. I wish I had been there to celebrate your book. I checked Amazon and my order is “being processed”, so hopefully I’ll get your new book soon. Can’t wait to read it. The cupcakes are hilarious and quite fitting. Anyway, I’m struggling with my over-eating again and have re-read your first book and your blog archives for support and to get me back on track. You are an inspiration. Thanks for being you. =^..^=

Kari • February 18, 2011 at 8:43 am

Cute cupcakes – ingenious decorations! :) The book will be coming to my Kindle on its own on Tuesday…I look forward to reading it.

Merry • February 18, 2011 at 9:30 am

Sounds like successful writers need to have dual personalities. I mean, to write a book you have to unplug the Internet and go hole up in a garret to scribble words on a page. Then, when you publish the book, you come down from the garret and go out and party.
I’d probably spend all my time in the garret wishing I were at a party instead of writing, and all my time at the party wishing I were back in the garret. But then I hate my own parties and enjoy going to other people’s instead. Yours sounds like it would’ve been a lot of fun. Tasty-looking cupcakes!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy • February 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Oh, you look so cute! You must have had a great time! I just got the shipping notification from Amazon yesterday, can’t wait to read it.

Leanne • February 18, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Just got my email from Amazon too! Ordered both your books… cant wait now!
Good luck with all your book launches on Blogs!

Lea from Australia

Bobbi • February 19, 2011 at 9:31 am

Looks like your book release party was every bit as satisfying as those yummy, creatively decorated cupcakes! Congratulations, Jennette!

Annette • February 19, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Best wishes for continued success with your writing. I just got my copy from Amazon today, and I’m looking forward to more of your wit and insight. Love, Aunt Annette

Pitt • February 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Damn, those cupcakes are some cute little buggers! I will probably be stealing your gelatin capsule idea at some point.

Really looking forward to the book.

beachbody team • February 20, 2011 at 11:21 am

EEEEkkkkkk! cupcakes! They look so cute I feel like licking the screen. I will try make them tomorrow and I hope I won’t indulge….. I really, really hope tat I won’t.

Cari • February 20, 2011 at 11:55 am

Those are awesome!!

Tracie A Carrigan • February 20, 2011 at 10:24 pm

YUM!! The cupcakes look amazing! I love chocolate.. and it’s my weakness! But I do think it helps when I have a headache!! Of course.. I think Chocolate just helps period!! :) Enjoyed reading your blog! Come visit mine sometime! Tracie

Rebecca • February 21, 2011 at 8:51 am

Haha, cute cupcakes! just thought I’d share my candy observation…I was looking for the smarties and wondering what the heck you were talking about because I didn’t see any…then I remembered that you Americans have different Smarties than we do. Here in Canada Smarties are little round colourful chocolate candies and the things you guys call smarties are called Rockets up here.
Congrats on the new book release!

Laura I. (G.G.) • February 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Looking Good PQ! Hope the book sells well. I’m looking forward to reading it!

Game of Thrones rape: Director Alex Graves says the sex "becomes consensual."

Runaway stowaway survives Calif.-Hawaii flight: FBI - CBS News
If this had happened in a movie I would never have believed it was possible.

Fitbit, Nest data: How the companies are making money off you.

Site Meter