This is the time of year that move really pays off

I keep both Indianapolis and Chapel Hill as locations on the dashboard of The Weather Channel app on my phone, precisely so I can look at readings like these and cackle loudly to myself:

Weather phone

Chapel Hill: Sunny, 47 degrees
Indianapolis: Light Snow, 23 degrees

Yes, July was so hot my air conditioner couldn’t quite keep up, but it is worth it for warm winter days when I don’t have to wear a hat.

Oh, and the reason I have little red and green stickers by the two buttons at the bottom is because you can’t tell what color each one is unless the light is on behind them. I put them there after I kept hanging up on people when I meant to answer the phone.

Pam • January 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Oh just shut up.
Pam in Nebraska (BRRRR!)

Debby • January 20, 2011 at 3:31 pm

No bragging allowed. LOL! We’re getting 4 to 6 inches of snow in Cincinnati as I write this, and it’s going down to 8 degrees tonight. I’m so sick of snow and cold that I could just croak. The only thing I like about them is watching “Winter Wipeout”! :-)

RickGetsFit • January 20, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Come up Toronto way and share the snow we’re getting, and the frigid temperatures. :) Cheers, Rick

emjay • January 21, 2011 at 10:26 am

It’s a balmy 3 degrees here north of Dayton OH. I am in serious need of a warm vacation.

Sharilyn • January 21, 2011 at 11:30 am

Cute phone!

Ro • January 21, 2011 at 11:38 am

I know what you mean. My friend lives up in Anchorage, AK and always tries to get me to go up there. Well, seeing the temps. don’t help but I still like my warm 70’s here maybe as low as barely 32 – although rarely.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy • January 21, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I woke up to -15 below here in the Twin Cities, MN. It was even colder in northern MN. I haven’t stuck my nose outside once. My freakish kids were actually playing outside though. Briefly.

Becky • January 21, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I do the same thing – we moved from Indy to East Texas nearly six years ago. I do not miss -20 windchills (from 40mph winds), scraping ice and shovelling snow. Here, I have to actually wear my winter coat probably 15-20 days out of the year. : )

Merry • January 22, 2011 at 1:19 pm

This is the time of year that, when I lived in California, I would call my sister in NY and talk about how I was sitting outside by the pool and about how sunny and warm (by comparison) it was. Ah, happy days.

RNegade • January 26, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Jeez. Rub it in why don’t you?

Andrew @ 100 Pounds • January 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

I can’t wait for summer! I want to get back on my bike.

Ally • February 6, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I just finished reading your book, and I followed the link to your blog (yay for Kindle for PC!) Imagine my surprise and unadulterated jealousy when I idly scrolled down a few posts read this. I graduated from UNC in May and shortly thereafter left my cozy little Carrboro apartment to move to Germany. Brrrr!

Your book was wonderful and inspiring! I started at 320 lbs and I am down to 240. Mere nanoseconds after my wedding I was surprised to discover a “bun in the oven”, so I’m just working on maintaining and fitness for now. Reading your book is a great way to help me dream of the days when my hour long pregnancy “trundles” that pass for workouts now get to turn back into 5k runs.