CHOCOLATE & VICODIN book release party and virtual book signing

Flyleaf Books

I’m happy to announce that the book release party for Chocolate & Vicodin will take place at Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 7pm. That’s the third anniversary of my headache! No, I didn’t plan it way. Sometimes the universe just likes to mess with you like that, or the people who schedule the UNC sports games do. (No game that night!) Stop by and you can meet me, get a signed book before the official release date, munch on some chocolate (no Vicodin, sorry) and ride a unicorn! Ok, all of that is true except for one thing.

I’m also excited to announce that I’m going to do a virtual book signing with Flyleaf Books, the local independent book store. If you want a signed copy of the book, but aren’t local to North Carolina, you’ll be able to order a personally signed copy through Flyleaf Books. You get to support an independent bookstore and I don’t have to mail signed copies out from my bedroom, so we all win! “But, Jennette, I already ordered by book elsewhere!” you say. That’s ok. Most online retailers don’t actually charge you for a pre-ordered book until it ships, so if you want to get a signed copy you can cancel your other order. Or you could buy two copies! (Don’t you want a spare in case you drop one in the bath tub?) We haven’t worked out all the details yet for the virtual signing, so I’d recommend you not cancel your pre-orders until it’s all sorted out and I have a link to give you.

I hope to see some of you in February!

One Trackback

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Your Real Name. Your Real Name said: CHOCOLATE & VICODIN book release party and virtual book signing http://t.co/FZyyqk3 @jennettefulda aka PastaQueen. Hope it's a huge success! [...]

Debby • January 6, 2011 at 6:45 pm

:-( This is my pouty face because I can’t be there. WAH!!!

PastaQueen • January 6, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I’m sorry you can’t be there! I promise to take photos. You can PhotoShop yourself into them :)

Lisa • January 6, 2011 at 8:31 pm

A virtual book signing. That sounds so high tech. I may very well cancel my Amazon pre-order and order one of the signed books. (I wasn’t savvy enough way back when to use the link from your blog to order from Amazon anyway, so no love lost cancelling the order.)

Lanie • January 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I’m pouting because we have no locally owned bookstores and I don’t live in NC. I’ll be downloading it as soon as it’s available. Have you figured out yet how to sign my Kindle?

PastaQueen • January 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm

@Lanie – Well, I could get out my Sharpie and sign the back of it :)

Carbzilla • January 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

This is SO exciting. I’m very sad about headache’s anniversary but happy about your new book!

AF • January 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm

So…you’re saying there won’t be any chocolate at this signing?

PastaQueen • January 7, 2011 at 12:36 pm

@AF – Sorry, but the unicorn insisted on it.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy • January 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I would have had a better chance of going when you lived closer to MN. Have fun and give the unicorn a hug for me!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy • January 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

By the way – I already ordered one, I plan to read it right away and do a review on my blog, both blogs actually. Thanks!

Debby • January 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

@PastaQueen – Would you take a pic of your signature, too? Then I can print it and paste it into the book I’ve already ordered because I’m too lazy to un-order it. LOL! JK!

Sherry • January 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm

SO EXCITED for you! I’ve been following you since Kyle mentioned your book on her blog (which I immediately downloaded on my Kindle because I’m an instant gratification kind of girl) and I’ve been constantly stalking your blog and amazon (im)patiently waiting for the new book! I hope the book is a HUGE success! Congrats! Can’t wait to read it. :)

Bright Angel • January 9, 2011 at 9:14 am

I’ve pre-ordered the book, and here in Central California I am waiting for it patiently.

As you know I maintained a weight-loss from 271 to 190 for more than 10 years, and now I’ve been maintaining a loss from 190 down to 115 for 5 more years by calorie-restriction and daily tracking of my food.

There is absolutely nothing harder than Maintenance, but I am very encouraged by Gary Taubes’ new book, Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It which was published less than 2 weeks ago. I am now experimenting with the concepts.

I thought a lot about you and your struggle while I was reading it, and am taking this opportunity to recommend it to you. Maybe you can get a free copy for a Review on your Blog??? Anyway its not an expensive book.

Laura Pugh • January 10, 2011 at 2:01 am

I ordered the book tonight. I look forward to receiving it. If you wouldn’t mind signing it “to my best pal Laura” that would be great. I think that would really impress my friends! :)

Jenny • January 17, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Boy, you will be entertained by my pair of messages, the first I sent before I saw this entry.

I am thrilled to come to your reading! Flyleaf Books is the best and I try to support it whenever I can.

You Are Not A Machine. You Are Not Alone. | Smashing Magazine