Thanks and congrats and see ya’ later!

Thanks!
Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered Chocolate & Vicodin: My Quest for Relief from the Headache that Wouldn’t Go Away the last few days! The Amazon book rank got up into the 3000’s, which is really great for a book that’s not even out yet. It was a fantastic birthday present, and I hope you all enjoy the book when it comes out.

Congrats!
Congratulations to Heather from Illinois who won the Subway Commit to Fit Giveaway: iPod Shuffle and $10 iTunes gift card and has accepted her prize. There were lots of great song recommendations in the comments of that entry. I also learned that I’ve greatly underestimated the popularity of Eye of the Tiger, which was second perhaps only to Lady Gaga’s Poker Face, which most people seemed more embarrassed to be listening to than 80’s power rock. Ain’t no shame in bluffin’ with your muffin’, y’all!

See ya’ later!
I’ve finalized the plans for a meetup this Thursday Saturday, October 30th before the Rally to Restore Sanity in DC. I emailed everyone who commented on the earlier entry or sent me a message, but here it is again in case you need it.

After consulting people familiar with DC, I decided it was best to have the meetup in Arlington to avoid huge crowds. Someone suggested the Whole Foods at 2700 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201. They have a breakfast bar which serves a variety of items from eggs, bacon, pancakes, coffee and more. They’ve got a seating area (in a loft evidently) which I think will work better than meeting up at a restaurant because we can sit there for a few hours and people can come and go without annoying a waitress or other people waiting for tables.

So, I will be there from approximately 9am-11am until I head down to the rally. The Whole Foods is halfway between the Clarendon and Court House stops of the Metro’s Orange line. We can take the Orange Line down to the Smithsonian stop and walk to the mall.

I’ve created a Google Map with all the locations marked here: http://tinyurl.com/pqdcmeetup I’ll monitor my Twitter @jennettefulda on the day of in case anyone needs to contact me.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

shauna/dg • October 28, 2010 at 8:03 am

Can I just say that I LOVE that you created a Google Map with the locations? I am obsessed with making Google Maps! Got one on the go for a weekend in Paris six months from now and another for a return visit to NYC that exists only in my imagination :P

Hope you have a fab weekend!

Tabitha @ Just Weighing In • October 28, 2010 at 9:52 am

wow – that’s right down the street from me! Too bad I’ll be out of town this weekend. :(

Jackie • October 28, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Belated Happy Birthday.

I think you mean Saturday and not Thursday! I wish I’d known you were going to the rally. I really need to break out of my rut and get away from my family and go somewhere like that but it wouldn’t be fun alone. I hope you have fun and I can’t wait to hear all about it.

Cari • October 29, 2010 at 11:03 am

Happy late birthday! Can’t wait to read the book! The cover looks great.

isabelle • October 31, 2010 at 4:56 am

Happy late birthday from me too. Do enjoy your life as you plan to do. The next 30 goes MUCH faster…

BridgetJones • October 31, 2010 at 4:04 pm

PQ I looked for you — on TV, I mean : ) I couldn’t watch very much of the rally because I was busy with a newborn baby, but what I did see, I scanned to find you and the gang (whoever they turned out to be). If you have any pictures of you guys at the rally, would love to see them posted.