My Bye, Bye Bash at the Biergarten

Party planning gives me the hives, but I’ve gone ahead and set a date for my official going-away party. Everyone is invited—Internet people, work buddies, friends, random lurkers. Stop on by if you can! (And if you’re over 21. Sorry, liquor laws!)

Jennette’s Bye, Bye Bash
Wednesday, June 23
6:00pm-9:00pm
The Rathskellar Biergarten
401 East Michigan St
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Google maps link

Drop by to say good-bye to Jennette before she packs up her things and leaves Indiana for the hills of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We’ll hijack some picnic tables and drink overpriced beers in the Biergarten. It’s “Can You Rock” night, so karaoke with the live band if you dare! You could win a prize, and I don’t even have to pay for it!

ETA: Uh, I just noticed there is a $3 cover charge. Sorry about that. See, this is why party planning gives me hives.

Corinna • June 9, 2010 at 11:50 am

I plan to welcome your arrival to a state closer to New York by coming to visit you in North Carolina. I’ll be dropping by one of these days. :)

Jeanne • June 9, 2010 at 11:50 am

Sounds fun, but I’m in California. Best wishes on your upcoming move and your book.

Kate • June 9, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hi!

I’m new to your blog (found it through a link to a link to a link…), but I live near Chapel Hill and I just wanted to say welcome to the neighborhood! If you have any questions about living here, I’d be glad to try to answer them.

Have a great party, btw!

Bobbi Jo • June 9, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I’m in Germany (where I have yet to see karaoke performed at the local biergarten) but I will raise a glass of Pils to you anyway! Good luck with your move.

Texas Diva • June 9, 2010 at 3:44 pm

You passed up Austin….for Chapel Hill?? Silly girl!! Austin is the capitol of the world.

For your party at the biergarten….talk to the manager before the party and ask about suspending the cover charge just for your partygoers. Remind him of the volume of business and advertising you’re supplying for him/her. It never hurts to ask and you got a 50/50 chance of getting a “Yes”.

Clare • June 9, 2010 at 6:24 pm

So maybe I’ll have my daughter stop by–she moved to Indy 18 months ago. I’ve been a long time reader : ) and last spring I was CONVINCED you lived in the apartment next to hers after she did a double take when she heard your name–she had gotten mail delivered to the wrong apartment and she was sure the name was similar. But alas, I read the posts about your new apartment more carefully and … not you : (
That’s okay–you would have thought I was just a creeper asking for an autograph!

cindy • June 9, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Oh, how is wish I was going to be in Indy… or anywhere near Indy… It sounds like a blast and a $3 cover is a small price to pay to party with the Queen! Of course I don’t drink beer (YUCK!) but I’m sure they serve diet coke there, too… with lemon, of course… or lime, just to be fancy… Have a wonderful party! And good luck with your move. I am a little jealous, if only because you have an opportunity to clean house and downsize. I should pretend I’m moving… I really should. The clutter is really starting to get to me and I could use a good clean-out!

Ruby Leigh • June 9, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Hmm… 10 hour drive…

I’ll have to think about it…

Sounds great though would totally love to drink a beer with you.

The Merry • June 9, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I could see putting myself 2,264 miles away from work (except we’ve got a dang office in Indy), but I simply REFUSE to pay no stinkin’ $3 cover charge. Nope, sorry, you had me up to that point. I got standards, I have.

I hope your party is lots of fun, and if the cops get called then I hope they’re cute and read your blog :)

Rachel • June 10, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Such an amazing going away party that you have a cover charge? You Go Girl! :) And welcome to NC! Glad to have you.

Kate • June 11, 2010 at 12:32 am

@Texas Diva –

I second the Austin comment! This city rocks and it’s not THAT hot. All the time. I mean for a little while. Whatever. :)

Good luck with the move!

PurpleGirl • June 11, 2010 at 6:18 am

Wish I lived near you, I’d totally come! :)

LauraRed • June 11, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I spent many a summer of my formative years in Fayetteville, NC near Fort Bragg staying with my childhood best friend. If you want hot weather, baby, you got it. But there’s nothing quite like the friendliness and instant warmth of the locals. Call it Southern Hospitality or whatever you will, it makes meeting strangers go so much smoother.

NOTE: Stay away from a town called Raeford. Just trust me on this…

Shea • June 12, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Sounds like fun. Good luck on your move! I hope all goes as smoothly as possible.

Denise • June 14, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I’m looking forward to some drunk karaoke videos surfacing on pq.com after the party!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother • June 14, 2010 at 4:26 pm

My word – there is a Rathskellar in every town in the USA isn’t there!!!

Have a GREAT time!

Joanne • June 15, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Ooh this is like a mile from my house and I love that bar. Can I come even if we’ve never met? If I’m a long time reader? It wouldn’t be weird?

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.