Blaaah-ging

I swear to God, I’ve been back in Indiana for less than 48 hours and I already feel like crawling underneath the covers and devising a way to be a professional blob. Hello, gray skies and 50-degree weather! Go f*&$ yourself, will you? I wish I could call in depressed to work. I suppose I’ll just call in “blah” to my blog instead.

Anonymous Fat Girl • May 19, 2010 at 1:34 pm

This is one of the many reasons I no longer live in Indiana! Granted Northern Michigan isn’t that far, but shit at least we have water up here!

Lyn • May 19, 2010 at 1:42 pm

If you’re not taking vitamin D, try it. It does drive the blahs away. Feel better (and move to a sunny place) soon!

~liz • May 19, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I am so right there with ya’

~liz • May 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm

ps. on the blah part and calling in depressed to work. I’ve got the sunshine part down

Laura Pugh • May 19, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I think Missouri and Kansas have the same type of weather as Indiana. This spring (in Missouri) has been dark and gloomy. How’s a person supposed to function when all is wet and dreary? Most years I really love the rain, but it seems the older I get, the more I’m taken down by the gray weather.

Andrea Lee • May 19, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Sunshine smunshine. I lived in Vancouver too long to be affected by the weather. Pop your D pills (vitamin) and get MOVING! It will keep you from being morose online, as well as irl. Put your puddle jumpers on, go find an indie movie rental place, make some shrimp cocktail or popcorn balls or something different, and ENJOY your precious life. Seriously girl, it’s great you get to vent, but don’t wallow.

Heather • May 19, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I live in Cincinnati and the weather sucks here too. I haven’t seen the sun since Saturday! Miss it :(

Beth Tuohy • May 19, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Could it be you’re trying to bolster your resolve to move? We lived in Virginia for many years. It was great to have the extra sunshine and warmer weather but the fleas and roaches were a real pain. Roaches are pretty prevalent in the south. We didn’t have them in our free-standing house but in our apts, yes. And my poor dog lost all her hair trying to scratch her flea bites.
Also, the late frost meant ragweed didn’t die for a long, long time. I came back to the midwest 20 years ago and don’t regret it. However, I think you can better appreciate a place if you view it from afar. And, you sound like you’re ready for a change.

Tracy • May 19, 2010 at 8:20 pm

I’m currently reading your book and have to say it’s been a real inspiration to me! Thanks in part to you I lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks and show no signs of stopping (though it has slowed down a bit to around 2 lbs a week now).

I’m so glad I found your blog! I was kind of worried about finishing your book (I didn’t want to lose that great inspiration and motivation) but am glad now to have it in your blog posts! I know that may seem strange posted on a response to down a “downer” blog post, but even your bad days give me inspiration (don’t ask me to explain that, it makes more sense in my head than in type anyway lol).

Keep up the awesome work and thanks a million for all you’re doing to help inspire others to change their lives! Rock on, sister!

PastaQueen • May 19, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I’m going to just turn off comments on this one. I only posted it so 1) people would stop talking about roaches and 2) people wouldn’t think I was dead for not posting since Monday. I don’t want any comments or criticism on my mood or how I should handle it. Thank you for your concern though. I know you mean well.

Oh no, too slow! Comments are now closed.