The smiling jerk

An old coworker sent me this image today, along with this note: “Don’t ask why I was googling for ‘smiing jerk,’ I swear I have a good reason.”

The smiling jerk

Yeah, that’s me on page 3 of the search results. Go figure! It makes me curious as to what other phrases make my image turn up. I’m hoping for “voluptuous babe.” (ETA: This is really real, not an April Fool’s joke.)

In other news, congratulations to Alexandra from Pennsylvania who won the Weight Watchers POINTS Pedometer. There were 200 entries and if I’d known the pedometer was that popular, I probably would have auctioned it off instead. (Mama’s got to pay for kitty litter.) My ignorance is your gain! Or (weight) loss, hopefully, I suppose.

JEM • April 1, 2010 at 10:15 am

Too Funny!

Hunter • April 1, 2010 at 11:12 am

It’s amazing what an innocent “search” will show up. Actually, I think that’s a great photo of you, sans the red “X”. =^..^=

cara • April 1, 2010 at 11:25 am

haahha that is hilarious. I need to start figuring what I show up for. haha

Ben (@benjamteal) • April 1, 2010 at 11:42 am

That’s kind of funny, in a weird sort of way. Now I am scared to go out and do a Google image search… am I on page 1 for “smiling jerk?” I hope not, but the question is, will I Google it to find out? :-)

Steve • April 1, 2010 at 11:52 am

Hehehehe…

Yeah, that is pretty funny. Do you gotta be next to that woman making the wierd face though? You need better google placement :-P

Jen, a priorfatgirl • April 1, 2010 at 2:29 pm

am I the only one that actually went and googled “Smiling Jerk” myself to see your picture? I have a couple things to point out..

#1: You’re now on page 2
#2: You’re not a “smiling jerk”
#3: Google “bendable celery” and see what comes up.
#4. YOU MAKE ME SMILE

Debbi S. • April 1, 2010 at 4:08 pm

You’re back to page 3 now. I admit, I have googled random things just to see what comes up. Yes, it’s a sad, sad life.

I’ll click on your ad’s to help pay for the kitty litter. :-)

Alyssa • April 1, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Hi, I’m Alyssa and I’m new to blogging!
LOVE your blog. And that is so funny about the picture. It’s strange what you’ll find on Google, lol!

Kathy W. • April 2, 2010 at 12:44 am

If you type in “smiling jerk” in quotes and search google images, you are all over the place–including a weird picture of feet on page 5 that are not YOUR feet. wtf?

(there are also many other weight-loss bloggers on those pages…so you are in good company!)

PastaQueen • April 2, 2010 at 10:55 am

@Kathy W. – I think by blogging about “smiling jerk” I have now completely skewed the image results. I bet if I did blog about “voluptuous babe” I’d start showing up there too.

Quix • April 2, 2010 at 12:56 pm

That is…. awesome! :) And it’s better to be a smiling jerk than a frowning jerk!

Lauren @ Lauren Loses It • April 2, 2010 at 3:02 pm

lol. That’s really funny and I’m only slightly jealous.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother • April 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm

So funny, makes you want to google it!

Denise • April 3, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Good news! You’re now the first picture on the 4th page of the image search results for ‘smiling jerk’.