FitBloggin’ video up: PastaQueen on getting published

Roni just posted the first video from the FitBloggin’ 10 conference, and as luck would have it (good luck or bad luck, I dunno) it’s of my panel, Beyond the Blog: Getting Published. As I’ve mentioned before, I cringe at watching myself on video. This reaction used to be because I couldn’t believe how fat I’d gotten, but now it’s more because I wonder, “Do I really talk like that? Are those really my mannerisms? I don’t come across the way I thought I did at all!” The Jennette in my head is not exactly the same as the Jennette on tape. Regardless, I’ve embedded the video below, so if you couldn’t make it out to DC you can now relive the magic in 500×330 pixels.

Ok, I tried embedding the video here, but Vimeo won’t have any of that. It’s something to do with permissions, yadda, yadda, yadda, pay us money. So you’ll just have to pop on over to the Fitbloggin’ site to see it or click on the screenshot below.

Roni • April 22, 2010 at 11:23 am

Luck or you just happen to be on the panel that started with “B”. ;)

Beth Moore • April 22, 2010 at 11:44 am

I’m in the macaroni military. =P

Sheryl • April 22, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I feel the same way — I’m a singer, so usually it’s just audio, which I’m used to, but I was in a chorale thing that was on TV, and I could not believe I looked so dull when at the time I thought I was rockin’ out with the chorus!

The Fat Kid • April 22, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I saw myself on video and realized I talk out the side of my mouth…in 28 years I had no idea I did that until that terrible day…now it annoys me all the time.

Lydia • April 22, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Good job, Jennette. I am sure that was really helpful to the people there listening to you all. Lots of great advice. You did a great job. And as you do more and more of these things, you’ll get even better and better. The organizers should’ve made sure you each had your own mic so you could all be heard well.

The Homebody • April 23, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I think 90% percent of people don’t like how they look or sound on camera. I’ve even heard “celebrities” say that.

Rob • April 23, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Yeah… a bit different. I was a disk jockey a while back, so I had a pretty good idea of what I SOUNDED like… but the video throws you!!

Thanks!!

Sklig • April 26, 2010 at 12:42 am

I’m in the Macaroni military!

The Merry • April 26, 2010 at 9:47 am

The Jennette in my head is not exactly the same as the Jennette on tape.

Never realized it before, but the whole JoHari Window concept sounds kind of zen. The you that you know is not the you that I know.

Site Meter