Any time now, Spring…

The baristas at Starbucks and I are of the same mind.

Your barista says

JEM • March 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Being from FL, I can not relate, but I think the barista was clever and probably made a lot of people smile!

Jen • March 2, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I love it! It is not really the snow but they gray deadness of winter here in Massachusetts. I long for Memorial Day.

Indianapolis Amy • March 2, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Love this and Starbucks is the cure for SAD…as well as moving to a tropical climate! The sun is shining today:)

Steve • March 2, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Why, I’d love to move somewhere tropical, thanks Starbucks!!!!

Seriously, I hate winter…it’s cold, gray, dead and all around suckass. Can’t wait for Spring.

Jean • March 2, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Well said. As I was driving to work this morning (it’s north of where I live, right at the I-70 dividing line – I swear it really exists!), it got darker & gloomier the closer I got to work. It was really depressing. They’re forecasting sun & warm weather later in the week – I hope they’re right for once…

Debbi S. • March 2, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I’m right with you. March just sounds like it SHOULD be spring! Well, it’s not. Not even close. “They” say that it is the snowiest month in Minnesota. How depressing is that??

love2eatinpa • March 2, 2010 at 2:26 pm

lol! that was awesome. i live in pa and i am totally with your barista!

Hunter • March 2, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Amen. ‘Nuff said.

Quix • March 2, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Love it. I am so ready for spring as well. I have come to resent the cute sweaters and gloves and scarves and jackets I look so forward to about November because they are novel.

kathy • March 2, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Well, let me tell you that the tropics (Mexico, Caribbean) are not much to speak of this winter. This is the coldest winter we can remember and everyone is complaining about the cold. We’re normally in the mid 90s by this time of year and have been since February. This year, well, you don’t even want to know how cold it has been. I’m pretty sure it even got in the 50s one night. It just isn’t FAIR! Hmph!

Lydia • March 3, 2010 at 12:13 am

Have to agree. I was in Indianapolis on Friday and Saturday of last week — is it always that windy in your city? That was harsh!

chrissie • March 3, 2010 at 2:04 am

^ ha complaining about it being in the 50s. it’s going UP to the 50s at some point this week and I’m looking forward to it! OMG It’ll be warm outside! And there will be a sun and everything! WOOOOO!

Of course I’ll be stuck at work all day long. :|

Let’s all move somewhere tropical.

Jen B • March 3, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Great photo! What an awesome barista!

It’s not so much the cold that bothers me but the lack of sunlight. I don’t have SAD but the dreary, gray skies depress me. For the past two months, everyday has been overcast. The trees are barren and stark. The grass is yellow. In the Midwest, there is no place to escape from it, north or south or east or west. The landscape remains the same.

I didn’t realize it would bother me so much but it does.

Then, a few days ago, I saw hope. My daffodil bulbs are sending up stalks of green. Finally, a sign of Spring. Amazing how such a tiny thing can make me so happy.

Tina • March 3, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I would like an iced white mocha with no whip and a seventy degree day! Pleaasseeee! I am getting desperate here! I actually slept in my housecoat last night.

Shh • March 3, 2010 at 10:19 pm

LOL, that’s awesome!

shauna/dg • March 4, 2010 at 5:03 am

Oh yeah… grande cup of sunshine with whipped cream yes please.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother • March 4, 2010 at 6:45 am

Cincinnati - Amy • March 4, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Everyone was smiling as I walked down the street at lunch. All it took was the sun to shine.
What a clever barista.
Thanks for making me smile PQ.

Vanessa R • March 20, 2010 at 5:07 am

I’ve been whining about spring coming since about January. I am a gardener, so I want to grow things.

I also get S.A.D. most years. I didn’t really get it back in So. Cal, but I do now that I live in Utah. I use really bright lights in my room, and I have a light box I need to use. Moving upstairs instead of living in a basement room surely helped, too.

I wish I could go somewhere tropical as the barista suggests :)

I added some fake Black Friday deals to this store's weekly in-store flyer - Album on Imgur
OMG, too funny!

Humans can sleep for days when living alone underground, experiments show - ScienceAlert
This is probably a sign that I've got problems, but the idea of sleeping for 30 hours sounds really appealing.

Justin Bieber chastised audience for clapping on the offbeat: The biggest challenge facing musicians at shows is audiences with bad rhythm.
I'm linking to this because of the video of Harry Connick Jr. at the bottom, who manages to throw in an extra beat in the middle of a song to get people to start clapping on the offbeat without them even realizing. Mad skillz!