Sick day, part 2: Revenge of the mucus

I am sick. Again. This time I have a cold, which seems to have wiped out my ability to say anything funny about it. I’ll try anyway: The phlegm I’ve coughed up puts some of the cats’ hairballs to shame. Ha? No, I guess that’s more gross than funny.

In an effort to post new content despite my illness, here is a photo of me with the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile taken last July at the BlogHer conference. Hot dog!

Weinermobile

theantijared • February 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm

I know I am going to break a couple of your comment rules but…..

HAHAHAHA…weiner!

Jim Purdy • February 10, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Get well soon!

Lauren @ Eater not a runner • February 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Love the cute pic! feel better soon :-)

Rahim Samuel • February 10, 2010 at 3:34 pm

As I’ve said before, I know how you feel. I consider myself moderately healthy, but I constantly struggle with head colds too. Nevertheless, Get Well Soon!!

Stephoodle • February 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I can’t see the weinermobile without thinking about this tshirt: http://topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=GOAT-SQUIDVS&Category_Code=GOAT

That said, hope you feel better soon!

Debbi S. • February 10, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I am probably going totally jinx myself (not that I believe in that) but it is almost mid February, I live in Minnesota, I do daycare with tons of kids and I have NOT HAD A COLD this year. At all. Finally got the stomach bug about a month ago, otherwise nothing. I’m completely stunned. I wish you well though because I know what a pain in the butt they are. I’m quite sure I won’t be able to escape spring without getting something. Now watch, next week I have pneumonia.

My kids love the weiner mobile. :-)

Alison • February 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I’m sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon!
Are you getting all this crazy snow that we are getting in the East? It’s bound to make anyone sick.

Miz • February 11, 2010 at 6:11 am

ooohhhh I remember when you took that pic!

feel better.

Heidi • February 11, 2010 at 11:53 pm

ZOMG! Love that you were there, I adore your blog and have your book in my reading pile (can’t wait to actually read it – need more time for reading) – the weinermobile was by far one of my (many) favorite parts.

Feel better soon!