I may hate cooking, but my recipe was published anyway

PastaQueen recipe

My recipe for Capp-oat-ccino Delight aka Oatmeal Espresso was recently published in Dave Grotto’s new book, 101 Optimal Life Foods. Some of you may remember that I entered a recipe contest after the Quaker Oats Living Proof Blogger Weekend in Chicago. My win included the prize of an ill-fated unvacation to the Colorado Oatmeal festival as well as the publication of my recipe in Dave’s book.

Dave was kind enough to send me a copy of the book which I’ve flipped through. It’s a guide to what foods will help you manage or prevent various illnesses. I took special note of the chapters on headaches and chronic pain. It’s a handy little guide, and Dave Grotto is a registered dietician dietitian, so he knows what he’s talking about. Roni from Green Lite Bites has some recipes featured in the book too, so you can double the blogger love even if we don’t get any royalties :)

Lauren @ Eater not a runner • January 27, 2010 at 9:49 am

Thats awesome!

theantijared • January 27, 2010 at 11:04 am

I am not going to lie, that is a real cool recipe.

AndrewENZ • January 27, 2010 at 2:40 pm

And to think I used to get funny looks when I did that at work!

Rahim • January 27, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Congratulations J! I’m not a coffee drinker so I’ll switch it out for black tea when I try the recipe.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother • January 27, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Double the blogger love … too cute, from my two faves too, even better may even buy it!

N.R. • January 27, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Congrats! The recipe sounds interesting. I’m not much of a cook, either, but this doesn’t sound too difficult.

Shh • January 27, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Lookitchoo all published again and stuff!!

Tracey • January 28, 2010 at 5:03 pm

really makes sense. and I do love to cook … good luck with the diet. I’m on a 21 detox one now!!

Tracy • January 30, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Love your blog. By the way, it’s spelled “dietitian,” not “dietician.” As an RD myself, it’s just a little pet peeve of mine!

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.