Calling in sick to my blog

I was going to debrief you guys on my first week of The Beck Diet Solution today. Instead, I got the H1N1 vaccine on Saturday morning and have felt like barfing all over the blog for the past 48 hours. They said nausea was a possible side effect, but I didn’t really believe them until I spent all weekend on the couch. On the plus side, I’ve lost 5 pounds! But I know it will all come back when I start eating again.

A part of me wonders if I will now be nauseated for life, just as I one day got a headache that never went away. We’ll cross our fingers that doesn’t happen. I am feeling a bit less barftastic today, but not that much, so I am calling in sick to the blog. Instead, you can listen to the latest Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone podcast where I have a brief appearance talking about starting your healthy living plan. I have not listened to it yet, but hopefully I don’t sound like a dope.

PS – Any comments about whether or not people should be vaccinated will be deleted. Everyone has a right to their own opinion on that matter, but I don’t want this entry to descend into a debate about whether we should get vaccines. I’m sick. I don’t feel like moderating a war today. If you bug me, I will barf on you. That’s a promise. Thanks!

kat • January 11, 2010 at 10:46 am

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

Really enjoyed you on the podcast. The part where you said you feel like you start over every day really resonated with me. We do start new every day, it’s all choices.

Feel Better Soon!

Anonymous Fat Girl • January 11, 2010 at 11:22 am

Hope you get better soon! Lots of rest and soup. And water. And soap operas. And watching those DVD trilogies you never have time to watch otherwise. Enjoy!!! :)

jancd • January 11, 2010 at 11:52 am

Sorry to hear you have the flu. Rest, rest, rest and come back when you feel better.

schmei • January 11, 2010 at 11:52 am

Hrm. I was hoping to get my H1N1 shot this week, but this has me thinking I should plan ahead to take a day off afterward, lest the barfiness strike me down. As always, I learn from your wisdom and experience. Also: I hope you feel better fast.

Charity • January 11, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Oh my gosh, nausea for life would SUCK. It might shift the focus off your headache, but I’m not sure which is worse! Hope you feel better soon.

Hot Mother • January 11, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Yecch. Feel better soon.

Tiffany S. • January 11, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Poor thing. I hope you feel better soon!

I totally understand that you would worry you’d always feel like this given your prior experience. After I fainted I was worried I’d be fainting all over the place but it never happened again. I still freak out about having my back go out (again). Just know that this is something different, and it’s not invited to stay. :)

Rachel • January 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Ick. Hope you’re feeling less pukerific soon. On the plus side, you’re still a charming and adorable writer even when you feel like crap!

Rachel • January 11, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Ugh! I feel so bad for you. My children have had a bug off and on for several weeks which included barfing. I haven’t had it like they have, knock on wood. However, I will be copying your line if I do get it. Bug me and I’ll barf on you, that’s a promise. :) Feel better.

Nia • January 11, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Sorry to hear you had nausea as a side effect. I’ll consider myself lucky then that the only side effect I had was feeling like I got run over by a truck! Hope you feel better soon :)

Debbi S. • January 11, 2010 at 2:53 pm

tee hee. I love how you’re predicting an onslought of comments about the vaccines. It is SUCH a debate, people are SOOOO against it or SOOOO for it. I couldn’t believe, several months ago, I walked in to my doctor for some labs and there were 6 security guards around. Apparantly, there were people breaking in and stealing the vaccine, as it wasn’t readily available at the time. People are crazy.

I recommend you use the 5 lbs. lost as motivation to jump start the diet. I did that last year, I got the flu, lost like 13 lbs. and LOVED that number so I kicked the diet into high gear. It worked for a little while at least. Good luck!

tina • January 11, 2010 at 3:03 pm

You sounded great! I just listened to it this morning.

Sorry about the hurling, but hopefully, it will mean no swine-y aches and pains later this season!

Quix • January 11, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Awwww, feel better PQ! I actually had my second jumpstart on my weight loss when I went down 10 lbs after being sick and deciding I liked being smaller, but wanted to do it the healthy way. I do not condone living on gatorade and crackers for weight loss, hehe.

Winkie • January 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Feel better! :(

I’m blogging BDS, too. Stop by if you get a chance.

I’ll link to you…I’m blogrolling anyone doing SBD/BDS like I am.

MB • January 11, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Point that barf in the other direction … I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon.

BTW: Jen (A Prior Fat Girl) is having a Beck Diet book club thing – you should check it out when you feel better.

I was honored to be in such good link company in the Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone podcast. I feel like I’m rubbing elbows with weight loss royalty.

Feel better soon.

Rahim • January 11, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I hope you get better soon. Two words: Peppermint Tea ;-)

jenny • January 11, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Get well soon :(

Judi • January 11, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I know this advice is unsolicited but I just cannot help myself. Here is a remedy for nausea that I swear works. Slice up a fresh piece of ginger root and boil it for about 20 minutes with 2 cups of water and a few tablespoons of brown sugar. Every person with whom I’ve ever shared this remedy felt better.

Hope you feel better.

Melina • January 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm

So sorry to hear you’re de-fooding. I had a 2-month bout with non-stop nausea during my 3rd pregnancy, and it’s truly the only thing I would want less than a long-term headache.

So many of the people I know got sick after getting the flu vaccine. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! (I have no opinion. I swear.)

Get well soon!

N.R, • January 11, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Sorry to hear that you’re not feeling well. Feel better soon!

Rebecca • January 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Boo. Sorry to hear you’re feeling so crappy (on top of the headache and the depression no less!). Does gravol or those sea band thingies you put on your wrists help? Unfortunately I’m always in the teensy weensy percentage that will experience some ridiculous side effect from a lot of drugs/vaccines so I feel your frustration. I hope this side effect doesn’t last too long! It seems like it’s been a while? Unsolicited advice: could you have a bug or food poisoning or some other stomach ailment?

Feel better soon!

Alecia • January 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Your new “web fairy” is adorable!! As always you gave me a good giggle. Can’t wait to listen to the podcast (those girls are great!)

becky • January 11, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Hope you feel better soon! You would think that the thing that is supposed to keep you from getting sick would not make you sick. Go figure!

Jamie • January 11, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Hi! I hope that you are feeling better! :-)

The Merry • January 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

@Melina -

I kinda like the term ‘defooding.’

bb • January 12, 2010 at 3:01 am

I’m sorry the shot affected you so badly. I got the shot and had no reaction (i.e. barfing) at all. I hope you feel better soon. Also, I just started reading the Beck book. So far it’s pretty good. One thing that has helped me is the part where she says eat nothing standing up. It makes you more aware of when and what you’re eating. Look forward to the next blog

dietgirl • January 12, 2010 at 4:51 am

Hope you feel better soon, that sounds like HELL. And excellent pre-emptive strike on the vaccine :) Thank you again for lending your sultry tones to the podcast, you were fab :)

Tiffany • January 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Feel better, PQ!!

Misty • September 7, 2010 at 1:44 am

How is the Beck Diet Solution going? I am thinking about picking it up at the library, but I don’t want to waste my time reading something that I wish I never invested the time. Thoughts?

Multifunction and multi-user desk is shared by people and cats : TreeHugger
If this works I totally need one. My left hand is half-numb because I've got a cat draped on it.

Game of Thrones rape: Director Alex Graves says the sex "becomes consensual."

Runaway stowaway survives Calif.-Hawaii flight: FBI - CBS News
If this had happened in a movie I would never have believed it was possible.

Site Meter