Let them eat cake

I am still getting back into the swing of things post-holidays. I don’t remember much from the time after I passed out into a sugar-induced coma. However, as the pictures below show, I was present for the lighting on my mother’s 60th birthday cake on Sunday.

Cake

Here we are lighting the cake.

Cake

And here we are still lighting the cake.

Cake

And here we are again, still lighting the cake, watching the frosting start to melt.

Cake

And finally, the cake is lit! My mother blew out the candles in one breath, proving that old age has not affected her lung capacity. Happy birthday, Mom! Here’s to 60 more years!

MB • December 29, 2009 at 1:39 pm

I’m slowly coming out of the sugar coma now too.

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

MMMmmmm…cake…..

Rahim • December 29, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I’ve decided that since I fell SO far off the wagon, I’m gonna enjoy the rest of my holiday food until January 2ND ;-)

Isabelle • December 29, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Happy birthday your mom. She’s a lot older than me. (Well, 6 months or so.)

I don’t often comment on your blog because you get so many comments but I do enjoy it, as so many others do. Happy New Year when it comes.

PastaQueen • December 29, 2009 at 5:59 pm

@Isabelle – Aw, thanks, Isabelle! And if my mom is 6 months older than you, that means you’re at the right age to take money out of your IRA without penalty! That was a day my mom celebrated too :)

moonduster (Becky) • December 29, 2009 at 7:18 pm

LOL! Too cute about the candle lighting! hope she had a great time! :)

Alison • December 29, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Please wish your mom a Happy Birthday for me!!

I was also in a sugar coma, but throwing away all remaining cookies on Sunday helped a lot!

Alecia • December 29, 2009 at 10:16 pm

Happy Birthday Mother-Of-Pasta-Queen!! I love that you guys actually use the right number of candles, so many people don’t!!

Helen • December 30, 2009 at 12:00 am

Happy birthday to your mom! A welder’s mask would have been very helpful. How are her eyebrows?

quix • December 30, 2009 at 12:28 am

Awww, happy birthday to PQ’s mom! ;) I’m in the “crap-food-induced” coma meself…

Mom Taxi Julie • December 30, 2009 at 1:37 am

LMAO too funny! My grandma always made a big production of making sure we had the correct number of candles on the cake! I opt for the big number ones for my in laws though, they are 81 and soon to be 80, I think I’d need a torch to light all those before the frosting melted!

Lisa • January 7, 2010 at 11:19 pm

hee hee — love it! :)

got any leftovers?

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.