Vacation hangover

I am back home again in Indiana, but I’m still recovering from my “vacation.” I didn’t check my email for over 24 hours and now I am buried beneath electronic messages. To tide you over while I dig my way out, here are two pics from LA.

PastaQueen at the Central Perk

I visited the Central Perk set from “Friends” on the WB Studio Tour. The service was really slow though. I’m still waiting for my latte.

Pumpkin ice cream

I sampled the pumpkin ice cream at the Farmer’s Market and, DAMN, I wish this flavor was sold in stores. It was dee-lish!

Can Carolyn lose 100 lbs. in a year? Find out at 1940sExperiment.com, where one woman is living one year on wartime rations to lose 100 lbs.

Update 11-19-09: Okay, y’all, I have been informed over and over again that pumpkin ice cream is available in stores, and even if it wasn’t, you can make it yourself. Thank you for sharing.

Jean • November 18, 2009 at 12:02 pm

PQ, you CAN get pumpkin ice cream in stores! Granted, not all pumpkin ice cream is created equal, but it’s out there! Do you have Graeter’s in Indy? They have it, and it’s pretty good. A seasonal flavor, of course, so if you REALLY like it, you’ll have to stock up. :-) I’m sure other brands have that flavor as well – you’ll just have to brave the ice cream aisle & look.

JEM • November 18, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I wish I had never tried pumpkin pie ice cream. Truly. So yum.

I was obessed with Friends…how fun that you got to see the Central Perk!! :-)

Heather • November 18, 2009 at 1:18 pm

PQ-you may not want to know this, but you can get pumpkin ice cream in stores! I think the brand is Edy’s, and you should be able to find it at Payless or Kroger, whichever you have there.

For something that is truly bad for you…to the point where I only make it when I’m going to bring it away from my house, I have a recipe for pumpkin ice cream pie.

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama • November 18, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Mmmmm.. pumpkin ice cream!

Jess • November 18, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Oh I love pumpkin ice cream – we made pumpkin cheesecake ice cream last year with our ice cream maker! YUM!

Mymsie • November 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I have always coveted the couch in Central Perk.

My friend loves pumpkin ice cream and this time of year gets excited because Jiffy Treet in Bloomington has it. Apparently very good. Road trip!

Kari • November 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Edy’s had a slow-churned pumpkin ice cream last fall that was quite tasty, and Homemade Ice Cream has it in the fall too, and some kind of peppermint thing in December.

Jeanne Kischkau • November 18, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Since I am obsessed with pumpkin ice cream, I’ve tried a lot of the supermarket varieties. You must try Edy’s slow churned light pumpkin ice cream!!! It’s lower in fat and calories than the regular pumkin Edy’s, but I couldn’t tell at all. The texture is super creamy too. Let us know how you like it if you happen to try it :)

Bottomless • November 18, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I bet pumpin ice cream would also be really easy to make too,though probably not a good idea to have hanging around in your freezerwhen yo have the munchies. Here in Japan we get flavours like cheese and avocado (not together), to go along with the more ‘normal’flavours like sweet potato and adzuki bean.

dietgirl • November 19, 2009 at 4:56 am

I wonder if you could buy normal ice cream and stir the pumpkin goo into it… wouldn’t be as professional but might work in that McFlurry sor of way. HMMM should not be drooling at the thought of this at 10AM :)

glad you made it back safe from your LA adventure! so cool!

Pam • November 19, 2009 at 8:29 am

Edy’s Light Pumpkin Ice Cream. 100 cal/half cup serving – tastes just like pumpkin pie!

Yum. Jello has a pumpkin spice pudding too, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Jenn • November 19, 2009 at 9:14 am

Another vote for Edy’s Slow Churned Pumpkin. The stuff rocks.

To the commenter above who wondered about mixing pumpkin puree into regular ice cream – it didn’t work for me. I ended up with icy chunks of pumpkin mixed in to my Slow Churn vanilla. Not the greatest…

Brandi • November 19, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I just wanted to say…check out your grocery store. I was in mine the other day and they had pumpkin ice cream and gingerbread cookie dough ice cream. So I am sure your stores would have it too. GL in finding it. =)

Jodee • November 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm

You can get pumpkin ice cream in stores. Edy’s makes a Pumpkin ice cream in the fall and Ben and Jerry’s has a Pumpkin Cheesecake with swirls of Graham Crackers crust in it :) It’s delicious.

Mom Taxi Julie • November 21, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Awww I’d love to see the friends set!

Sheila • November 21, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Sometimes it’s nice NOT to know certain things are available in stores :)

charmaigne • April 21, 2010 at 4:58 am

Hi.. just curious.. when was that picture of central perk taken?

Origins Of Mysterious World Trade Center Ship Determined | IFLScience
The most attention grabbing story ever published in Tree-Ring Research!

'Muffin top' billboard gets a graffiti makeover - Health - TODAY.com
I very much approve of this graffiti.

If Men Were Women - YouTube