The cats are thankful for loosely sealed Tupperware containers

I was away for Thanksgiving, visiting family in Louisville and enjoying this lovely Edible Arrangement:

A human Thanksgiving

Unbeknownst to me, while my roommate and I were away, the kitties were up to these shenanigans:

A kitty Thanksgiving

We do not know how many Snickerdoodles were lost in the bellies of the felines. Fortunately for my roommate, she has plenty of extra dough in the fridge to make more. Unfortunately, I love me some Snickerdoodles and will have to work hard not to sneak in some snacking like the kitties did.

As for the Edible Arrangement, it was as tasty as it was lovely!

Mom Taxi Julie • November 27, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Well I’d be sneaking into the cookies too, they are smart kitties :)

Courtney • November 27, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I came on your site wondering if you did Drumstick Dash in Broadripple… this answered my question! Hope your holiday was delightful – looks like your cats got to indulge!!!

Carbzilla • November 27, 2009 at 11:07 pm

OMGosh – that is hilarious!

We came home one day to find the tin foil peeled back over the banana bread and little bites taken out of the top. They’re suckers for sweets, those kitties!

(I concur the Snickerdoodle is one of the most under-rated cookies with the Lorna Doone also vying for a top position).

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your Thanksgiving!

Merry • November 28, 2009 at 2:12 am

Um… was there any evidence pointing to the KITTENS snitching the snickerdoodles? Members of the jury, I submit that this post is a form of indirect confession to the crime of cookie theft. On behalf of said kittens, I demand a retraction and substantial treats and ear scratching to make up for this base slander. Or libel. One of the two.

Ouida Gabriel • November 29, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I really would like to learn how to do fruit arrangements like that. They are healthy, delicious but also so cute!

PastaQueen • November 29, 2009 at 12:38 pm

@Ouida Gabriel – It seemed to involve lots and lots of little plastic sticks. Every “flower” was on its own stick, which was stuck into a foam base. You could pull out a stick to eat the fruit on it. I bet they have cookie cutters to make the pineapple flowers, and a melon baller to make the c antelope spheres.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada