Only in California

I limped walked down the boardwalk at Venice Beach, California and passed not one, but two medical marijuana consultation offices.

Medical marijuana consultations

The second one was next to the Botox on the Beach studio. Tell me, would you get Botox on the beach? How about Botox in the sterile, environmentally controlled doctor’s office?

Botox on the beach

On my way towards these storefronts, I overheard two people talking about the cost of someone’s nose job. That was when I knew I was in Los Angeles

Dee • November 20, 2009 at 11:31 am

Venice Beach is very strange…and the women’s bathroom is disgusting. HA!

Aline • November 20, 2009 at 11:43 am

Whenever I am in New Orleans I notice all the Bail-Bond places. They are everywhere :-(

I guess every big city has something that makes it unique in a bit of a sad way.

Lainey • November 20, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Ha ha! Too funny!

Quix • November 20, 2009 at 2:29 pm

I would definitely say Only in LA. San Diego was quite a bit more relaxed. I never got botox on the beach, just awesome tacos and beer. :)

Nina • November 20, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Beach botox?! Here’s hoping they don’t collect their needles there…

Merry • November 20, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Hmph. What do they talk about in your neck of the woods, huh? What about an “Only in Indiana” post, woman, hmmmnnnnnnn?

Megan • November 20, 2009 at 11:03 pm

LOL, I remember that medical marijuana dude from when I visited there a month ago. Did you get to see people just sitting out in public at the beach, openly smoking weed? That was definitely something I’d never seen before.

Shelley • November 21, 2009 at 9:08 am

I looked at the first picture and thought, “Nope, not only in California…in Colorado too!” There are an amazing number of … um … dipenseries here.

Rachel • November 21, 2009 at 10:04 am

California is a totally different world – a stoney fairy land. My boyfriend’s brother lives there so we hear about how casual everyone is about smoking. Nutty.

Carbzilla • November 21, 2009 at 11:12 am

Can you believe I used to live within walking distance of the boardwalk? (Suzanne Somers has a place down there too). Moving out of California was the best thing I ever did!

Love the blog meet up coverage too. I’m glad you can still respect that everyone is different, and though even I wish I were one of those “Hey, I won a 5k!” people, I just am who I am and can only be the best ME every day.

(Wish I could hit the Maryland convention in ’10 but it’s too far away) :(

Steph. • November 23, 2009 at 10:15 am

That’s hilarious! I used to live in an uppity part of the ‘burbs outside of Dallas, TX. We got free “cosmetics” magazines on our doorstep several times a week and I would regularly listen to the ladies at my gym compare plastic surgery stories. It was then that I knew I had to get out of there. I moved to Houston. We like to stay our ugly selves here mostly…(grin)

Kirsten • November 23, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Hunky Santa: Santa Claus’ fit son, and his strippers, er, candy cane girls. THAT’s how you know you’re in LA. (i used to live right by this mall, happily I moved, so I can’t smell his peppermint & drakkar noir aftershave, but there’s a giant billboard advertising his…services… on my way home from work.

LA is definitely a trip!

Helen • November 23, 2009 at 8:41 pm

You saw ONLY two dispensaries? ;-)

You were literally 6 blocks (or less) from our house!!!

julie • November 23, 2009 at 9:59 pm

I’m headed down to Venice Beach this weekend. Sounds like it’s changed since I’ve been there, but Botox on the Beach? Ugh. People smoke everywhere here, it’s more acceptable than public alcohol consumption.

Site Meter