Blog maintenance: Sidebar updated

If you’re following the blog in a feed reader, you won’t have noticed this, but I just updated the right rail of the site so the blog has a two-column design instead of a three-column design. There was a lot of stuff over there and it was looking awfully cluttered to me, so I’ve changed it to look a lot cleaner. Hopefully it’s also easier to read and use. If anyone runs into any problems with the new design, please comment on this entry with your browser and platform (i.e. Internet Exploder 7 on Windows XP). If you find anything hard to read or use, feel free to comment too.

However, if you’re running Internet Explorer 6, please don’t bother to comment at all, just upgrade already. You can get Microsoft to send you a CD for free (UPDATE: I’ve been informed it actually costs $5. Sorry!). I won’t bore you with the details why, but IE 6 is a piece of crap that has wasted literally millions of man hours around the world. Please, do it for the sanity of all web designers across the Internets.

That Kind of Girl • November 23, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Blog’s lookin’ good! Very clean and chic update to the layout.

Angela • November 23, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Hey! Nice design–you’re right, it’s a lot easier on the eyes (and brain) now.

Amy • November 23, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Hey, don’t fault us if our employers make us use old IE! :) Another good reason I use a reader most times… I am smart enough for Firefox at home at least.

Kimberly • November 23, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I like the new sidebar – clean and simple. And I agree whole-heartedly about IE6. Many many hours of my life have been wasted trying to accommodate that buggy browser. It just shouldn’t exist anymore. Or ever.

jenny • November 23, 2009 at 8:27 pm

I think your blog looks fabulous!! Totally easy to read , totally clean. Good work!

Tabby • November 23, 2009 at 8:40 pm

As a fellow web designer, I couldn’t have said it better! LOL Site looks great. :)

Jen • November 23, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Looks good using Chrome.

dietgirl • November 24, 2009 at 4:26 am

AMEN to bloody IE6. Now every time at work I curse IE6 when some twit emails me “this page looks rubbish in IE6″, I will think of you :)

BrightAngel • November 24, 2009 at 9:29 am

I like it much better.

MB • November 24, 2009 at 11:06 am

I love the new layout. It’s much cleaner looking and easier on the eyes.

MB • November 24, 2009 at 11:06 am

I love the new layout. It’s much cleaner looking and easier on the eyes.

Tina • November 26, 2009 at 12:25 am

How do you get the IE Explorer CD for free? When I click on that link, and enter USA as my country, it tells me that there’s a $5 charge for the upgrade CD.

PastaQueen • November 26, 2009 at 8:23 am

@Tina – I’m sorry, I thought they sent it for free. I apologize for the bad information.

Game of Thrones rape: Director Alex Graves says the sex "becomes consensual."

Runaway stowaway survives Calif.-Hawaii flight: FBI - CBS News
If this had happened in a movie I would never have believed it was possible.

Fitbit, Nest data: How the companies are making money off you.

Site Meter