George Clooney and a loose girl

Once I convinced my older brother that it is ok to take pictures at a bookstore (or a restaurant or a parade or anywhere else as I often do as a compulsive blogger), he took this picture of my book placed face-out in the memoir section of his local Barnes & Noble.

Half-Assed on the bookshelf

I’m nestled in between Marrying George Clooney and Loose Girl. I think I’ll just leave it at that.

Diane, Fit to the Finish • September 4, 2009 at 8:58 am

If anyone ever publishes the book I have on my computer I would travel the country taking pictures of it!!!! No, I’d travel the world!

Congratulations, and I love your book.

Caitlin • September 4, 2009 at 9:10 am

That’s perfect! I’m sure George Clooney could be a “well-insured groom”. You got about 16 months to track him down =)

PastaQueen • September 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

@Caitlin – I heard that George Clooney suffered from a constant headache for several months after injuring himself doing a stunt. He described the pain as one of the worst experiences of his life. So I bet he’d be sympathetic to my plight!

Leslie • September 4, 2009 at 9:37 am

Any publicity is good publicity, and your book is worth it. I hope you sell a zillion more from that extra “exposure”! I’d sidle up next to George anytime.

Lori • September 4, 2009 at 10:40 am

That is so cool! Do you find it surreal to see your book in stores?

MB • September 4, 2009 at 11:17 am

I take pictures in the bookstore all the time. I always turn your book faceout when I’m there. It’s all about exposure, right? I don’t know if I ever sent it to you. I tried to copy the photo into the comment here but it wouldn’t work. I’ll e-mail it. Hmmm… sandwiched between Clooney and Loose Girl … hmmmm …..

Tanya • September 4, 2009 at 11:35 am

The headlines of all three books read “Marrying Half Assed Loose Girl.” Lol – somebody in that store has a sense of humor :-)

sharongracepjs • September 4, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Haaaa! I read an ARC of ‘Loose Girl’ when I worked at B&N…it’s good, but definitely not as upbeat as yours!

Dawn • September 4, 2009 at 1:02 pm

When I saw the picture I saw “Marrying half-ass loose girl” lol.

I’m in the middle of reading your book right now, not sure what took me so long, guess I’m cheap lol.

Rahim • September 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I’m glad you said that because in convincing your brother, you just convinced me. I’m timid with my digital camera because I don’t want anyone to go “mad paparazzi” on me.

Isabelle • September 4, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Well, the jeans are certainly loose.

Christine • September 4, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Personally, I would be sick/ shameless about this sort of thing. I would get a T-Shirt made that says, “I’M THE AUTHOR OF HALF-ASSED” and pose next to the shelf it’s on for a picture while giving the “wink & gun.” :)

Ishmael • September 4, 2009 at 6:20 pm

That’s awesome! I downloaded your book and read it on my Kindle, but I still get a kick out of seeing it in paperback form on the bookshelves.

Rachel • September 5, 2009 at 7:56 am

Haha! Hilarious. It must be a surreal feeling seeing your book in stores – although I’m sure you’re used to it by now :)

krissie • September 5, 2009 at 5:37 pm

I saw your book today and didn’t hesitate to whip out my phone and take a picture. You are noteworthy!

FITYOUROLDJEANS • September 6, 2009 at 1:42 am

Congratulations on impacting the world!

sandy,phd • September 6, 2009 at 2:35 am

What a great feeling that must be! Congratulations on both the book AND the weight loss. Talk about making the problem the solution. Wow.

bobbie • September 7, 2009 at 7:53 pm

At least your “nestled” while the rest of us [well, at least me] play with the idea of writing a book. Nice brother!!

E • September 13, 2009 at 6:17 pm

I read Loose Girl! It’s actually a great book:) You’re in good company, I promise.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.