The nose knows

The nose, one week later

Here is the nose, one week after that knife fight I got into with a female, Mexican biker gang. It is looking much improved from how it did last Friday morning:

You should see the other guy

I’ve been keeping it coated in Polysporin and covered away from the sun. I think there will be a faint scar at first that will fade over the next few months. Nothing to cry over.

***

I also wanted to thank everyone who voted for me in the Blindy Awards hosted by Blog Indiana. I won best Hoosier Blog! Woot! Sadly, I was in transit to my 5K when the awards were announced and was not able to leap up and down and rub my victory in the losers’ faces, which is probably for the best.

Leslie • August 21, 2009 at 9:42 am

Congrats on winning the Best Hoosier Blog. Actually you’re in the running for best blog around! Your scar is healing great! Be sure to keep sunscreen on it (and surrounding face) when you’re outside.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit • August 21, 2009 at 10:14 am

Congrats on the award, and don’t fret about the scar: it makes you look tough.

Jane • August 21, 2009 at 10:17 am

Congrats, winning is always fun :)

The scar is healing well, I’m sure in no time there will be nothing there.

Muffy • August 21, 2009 at 10:39 am

Try Mederma for the scar. It really worked for me. Good luck!

Diane, Fit to the Finish • August 21, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Congrats on the award! Use that Mederma – I promise it will make a huge difference!

gfe--gluten free easily • August 21, 2009 at 1:14 pm

You are too funny. I bet the other chicks ended up looking far worse than you. ;-)

Congrats on your award! Great news and well deserved (even if I don’t know if I’ve other read any other Hoosier blogs LOL).

Shirley

Joan • August 21, 2009 at 2:11 pm

The scar is healing up nicely. Don’t forget that you’ll have to protect that area from sun damage for quite a while (the scarring is fragile, and could tan unevenly). Wear sunscreen every day (there’s a good one I use called “Daylong Actinica” by Spirig… it’s expensive, but lasts 12 hours and works as a moisturizer as well).

Celeste • August 21, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Congratulations on winning the best Hoosier Blog award. You deserve it.

Liz • August 21, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Why’d you have to call it a “Mexican” biker gang? Just curious…

PastaQueen • August 21, 2009 at 3:19 pm

@Liz – Because I’m a racist bitch who hates Mexicans, duh.

Rahim • August 21, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Congratulations on your victory. And the scar won’t even be visible in another month. You need to stay out of those biker bars too…LOL

Quix • August 21, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Congrats on winning, and your nose is looking much better – you must heal quickly. :) Have a great weekend, and be careful around those knives…

Deb • August 21, 2009 at 10:40 pm

@PastaQueen – lol

Kalyn • August 21, 2009 at 10:48 pm

The nose and your blog are both looking good.

Rae • August 22, 2009 at 5:12 am

Hey, some basic vitamin e cream on the scar will work wonders. Congrats on your win!

Michelle@GotchaBaby • August 22, 2009 at 10:42 am

So I was thinking that the 5k had to have been the same day as BlogIndiana, but kept thinking there was no way you’d get to KY in time, but you did. In that heat. DAMN. Congrats on the award (and so glad I’m in the know), surviving the 5k AND the healed war wound.

Petra Weiss • August 23, 2009 at 9:43 am

I love the title of this post – I just came to your blog through http://www.johnisfit.com and got a bit of a shock, wanted to read on. Just to discover that you got into a fight with your cat LOL :) I really like your writing style and will check back more often!

Congrats on your weight loss, it is awesome how much you have lost and how good you look!!!

annie b • August 23, 2009 at 12:35 pm

that wound is healing nicely. scary how close it got to your eye.

She-Fit • August 23, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Congrats on the award! Sorry about the scare. That’s crazy that you got into a knife fight. I’m just glad it wasn’t anything else that would be more severe!

Liz D. • August 24, 2009 at 12:39 am

PQ, just wanted to throw this out. I normally don’t share advice, but, I can’t help myself right now. Try vitamin E on your nose. Not the vitamin E stuff that comes in bottles (it is always diluted with other oils) but buy vitamin E capsules, pierce them (I use a pin like you would for sewing) and put that right on your wound. For me, when I do that, I DO NOT SCAR. Ever. Not making this up. I’ve had some seriously wretched scratches and burns and if I use the vitamin E I don’t scar, and if I forget to use it, I scar.

So, you might consider it. I don’t know if it works for everyone like that but it sure as hell does for me. So, unless you want the scar for the Mexican gang fight story, you might give it a whirl. Take care.

bobbie • August 25, 2009 at 10:43 pm

nose looks good – keep putting neosporin on it

congrats on winning

i like borders or barnes and noble when i need to get out of the house

Wendy • August 28, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I would never take a picture of my face so close up. You have great skin!

carl • March 19, 2010 at 2:20 am

@PastaQueen – hate mexican stupid , fuck you ( chinga tu madre )

Cole • December 20, 2010 at 3:56 am

Hey I got blindsided at a bar last night. Your cut looks a lot like mine. was your cut very deep? it looks like it healed nicely.

If, Like Renee Zellweger, You're Female and Have a Face and Body, Listen Up - NYTimes.com

In Minnesota, Abandoned Wheelchairs Are Just Part Of The Landscape : Shots - Health News : NPR
I've seen abandoned shopping carts before, but never wheelchairs.