Pioneer Farm Blog

Pioneer Farm Blog

I had been drinking plenty of water, so I knew heatstroke wasn’t causing me to hallucinate the words on the sign above the barn at the Indiana State Fair. Pioneer Farm Blog? Huh? I stared at it for another 5 seconds and still couldn’t understand what the sign was supposed to say. A Pioneer Farm Blog? Here? Amongst the sheep and horses and pigs? Then finally I figured it out – Pioneer Farm Bldg. (short for “Building”). Good to know.

Abby • August 13, 2009 at 9:25 am

Okay, I can’t stop laughing. Are we really using abbreviations on buildings now? Isn’t the “building” part just a given? And I can see why you were a might confused, of course I am the girl that used to think the ‘.9′ that follows the prices posted at gas stations was actually a little “g”, as in “$2.39 per gallon.” My husband still LOVES to remind me of that one 10 years later.

Sara • August 13, 2009 at 12:59 pm

LOL! I actually looked at the picture first, and read it as building – but only because I see that a lot for work. BLDG, SQFT, MFG (manufacturing), IND (industrial), etc…

Karen • August 13, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Oh,thank goodness – I thought I was the only one who saw “BLOG” for a while, there.

Hee! X )

Diane, Fit to the Finish • August 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm

You know you’re a blogger when. . .you see the word “blog” everywhere!

Andrea@WellnessNotes • August 13, 2009 at 4:05 pm

How funny! I read “blog” too… Until you explained it to me.. Thanks for sharing! :)

lulu • August 13, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I am more intrigued by the cryptic Sh.

jen • August 13, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Holy crap! This is so funny! The other day my roommate and I went to a movie and across the street from the theater was a sign that said, “Bldg for rent”.

I said, “Blog for rent?” As in, blog for free rent! Or, I have a blog I’d like to rent out.

My roommate has not let me forget what a complete Internet dork I am ever since. Awesome.

I’m showing her your post now! I’m not alone!! :-)

The Fit Mission • August 13, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Those darn Crazy lettering will get you sometime…..

Boilergrad93 • August 13, 2009 at 8:14 pm

GO PURDUE!!! Makes me miss Indiana :(

Rahim • August 13, 2009 at 8:49 pm

I can’t even lie, I thought it said blog too! I thought you discovered a new trend in blogging for a second there…lol

gp • August 13, 2009 at 9:30 pm

yikes you must have bloggin’ on the brain .. :)

gp

Debbi • August 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Mental note: Don’t drink water while reading one of your highly comical posts. I just spit out my water when I read this. Thanks for the laugh though!

Shannon • August 14, 2009 at 9:25 am

I saw BLOG too! I thought it was some whacko that wanted to live like Little House in the Prairie!! HA HA HAA

Bridget • August 14, 2009 at 10:09 am

hahahahahahahaha! I needed that laugh today!

Tiffany S. • August 15, 2009 at 12:42 am

We have a fair that has a building that reads Archery and Cat Barn.

Might have come in handy for your next post.

Kimberly • August 16, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I saw BLOG when I looked at the picture too.

It is only because we are bloggers that it stands out to us like that.

I know I tend to notice people with the same color outfits on that I have more prominently each day. I am sure there is a psychological explanation for this sort of thing.