On Twitter, every Friday is “Follow Friday” where users list the people they suggest you follow. I thought I’d make today Follow Friday on my blog and recommend some of the blogs I’ve started reading in the past few months.

The Intern

Even though I’ve written one book and I’m working on another, I still find the publishing industry to be inscrutable. The Intern is a hilarious blog written in the third person by an intern at a New York publishing house. It’s become one of my must reads, not only for the laughs, but for the insider’s insight into how the publishing industry really works.

Full Frontal Psychology

I have been a fan of Wray Herbert’s other blog, We’re Only Human for awhile, so I was happy to learn he writes regularly about the “quarks of the human mind” and how they affect our lives for this site too.

Stepcase Lifehack

I started reading Stepcase Lifehacks when I began freelancing full time. As their site say, lifehacks are “any hacks, tips and tricks that get things done quickly by automating, increase productivity and organizing.” Some articles aren’t relevant to me, so I clear them without reading, but they update often so I always find something helpful posted during the week. This is also where I found out about the tax program I’m using, Outright.

Bookends, LLC – A Literary Agency

Another publishing blog I discovered recently, this blog is updated daily with informative articles about the publishing industry from an agent’s perspective. There is lots of information and advice to be found here.

LacubriousOne • August 28, 2009 at 11:36 am

Just read a bit of your Follow Friday recommendation, “The Intern” and it left me wondering….If your self employment hits a slump would you consider writing erotica stories? She said they’re lucrative but I don’t know about the whole writing process for that genre! LOL…

elty • August 28, 2009 at 12:51 pm

OK, “Wusiness Beek” and “receptorium”. I’m sold.

Quix • August 28, 2009 at 1:08 pm

I am LOVING the intern. Never thought about writing erotica for extra cash under a hott pseudonym. Hmmm….

Thanks for the follow friday! :)

Rahim • August 28, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I ACTUALLY have a friend who’s real good at writing erotica stories but she’s never thought about monetizing them. She will after I refer her to the Intern. Who knew?

PastaQueen • August 28, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Well, it looks like I’ve unintentionally unleashed a new generation of erotica writers unto the world. Go forth you throbbing masses!

Diane, Fit to the Finish • August 28, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Thanks for the recommendations! I’m still not so good at keeping up with Twitter but I’m learning!

Miz • August 29, 2009 at 6:51 am

did you ever read Miss Snark back in the day?

(I think she closed up blogshop a couple of years ago)

it was a blog by a lit agent who was totally anonymous and COMPLETELY snarked all about the innerworkings of the lit world.

supposedly she’s back out there again under a new name….

Katharine • August 29, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Anybody who wants even more publishing-related blogs can find links to a bunch of them here: http://www.kokedit.com/library_CE7.shtml

And if you want to follow publishing houses and book-related people on Twitter, here’s a huge directory of some: http://www.highspotinc.com/blog/2008/12/a-directory-of-book-trade-people-on-twitter/

You might find your favorite authors in Twitter by looking through this directory: http://www.highspotinc.com/blog/2009/02/a-directory-of-authors-on-twitter/