Sick day

Sick days always sound like much more fun until you are actually sick. I have caught whatever bacteria or virus we’ve been sending around the office like YouTube links. So, I don’t feel up to writing any entries today.

I tried to make a video of me using a neti pot last night for your enjoyment, but the batteries died halfway through and it’s damn hard to videotape yourself while using a neti pot anyway. Plus the cats were swarming around me, fascinated by the water flowing out of my nose, blocking my light. Instead, here is a video of some other dude using a neti pot, though I do not share his experimental nature.

Sue • February 24, 2009 at 9:57 am

My eyes are watering, my nose is running in sympathy. I don’t need a netti-pot. Anymore. :)

karen • February 24, 2009 at 10:55 am

I kind of threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that screen shot. No way am I actually watching the video…

Quix • February 24, 2009 at 11:01 am

Awww, feel better. And can’t watch the video being at work, but the nose irrigation thing is terrible (while doing it) and great (having an unplugged nose for at least a few minutes after).

Mara @ What's For Dinner? • February 24, 2009 at 11:17 am

Feel better!!!

OH • February 24, 2009 at 12:00 pm

The sad thing is that I knew it was Drew from TFD.com immediately. You absolutely have to love Drew and Natalie.

Laura Red • February 24, 2009 at 12:10 pm

That’s terrible! I hope you feel better so you don’t have to use one of those anymore! Yikes!

AfterGirl • February 24, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I too was using the netti pot last night. Hope you feel better soon (and I love my netti).

Ashley • February 24, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Wow, that guy’s a dumbass. I’m surprised he didn’t try gasoline next.

Linz • February 24, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Right there with ya on the sick days. I’m on my second in a row. I’m actually quite a bit better today, but still icky and not quite over the three day fast that comes with stomach flu.

Katharine • February 24, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Though I use nasal irrigation with a squirter bottle rather than a neti pot, it works really well, but I always hate doing it.

That video guy, though? Insane! You have an evil sense of humor, PQ! ;-)

Jay • February 24, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Oh man, that really can not be pleasant. To begin with, I thought the guy — who was creepy looking to begin with — was singing along to the soundtrack, but I think he was probably just trying to breathe. I didn’t like how one eye would be staring at the camera while he did it, either.

But aside from any of that, I hope you feel better soon and don’t pour coffee up your nose.

moonduster (Becky of Skinny Deaming) • February 24, 2009 at 2:09 pm

I hope you feel better soon. (((hugs)))

Elizabeth • February 24, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Neti-pots are the best!!! I was able to go off all of my allergy medicines when I started using mine… saving me $80 a month! :-)

Dawn • February 24, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I’ve used a neti-pot a time or two but I can’t say I like it lol. It feels weird and the feeling lasts awhile. It does clear me out though so I’ve suffered through the experience on occasion lol. The kids and hubby have totally said NO WAY so they haven’t experienced the wonder of it but they do find it fasinating watching me do it.

Donna • February 24, 2009 at 4:41 pm

That was the biggest waste of scotch I have ever seen. He should be arrested (or something ;-).

Lisa • February 24, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Hope you feel better soon. I’m glad to discover I’m not the only person who uses a neti pot. My fiance makes so much fun of me for it, but it really works.

JennC • February 24, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I hope you feel better real soon! I bought your book, am 2/3 of the way through it and love it. Your sense of humor and belief in your ability to become a healthy person are inspirational. (Of course, I haven’t finished it yet.. *grin*)

Thanks.

IAmUnimaginative • February 24, 2009 at 5:08 pm

@OH – I recognized him too… he does have kind of a distinctive facial hair situation going on.

Misty • February 24, 2009 at 6:23 pm

@OH – I knew it immediately, too. He’s just that unique-looking! :)

Sparker • February 24, 2009 at 7:40 pm

@Ashley – A dumbass with hilarious comics and biting wit. I’d be surprised if he ever does anything that isn’t tongue-in-cheek.

(I’m a big Natalie and Drew, Toothpaste for Dinner/Married to the Sea/Natalie Dee fan. You should check it out!)

anji • February 24, 2009 at 8:50 pm

I love my neti pot! But, I learned from my last cold (which I still have) is that you need to WASH and disinfect the neti pot after each usuage… otherwise, you keep reinfecting yourself.

I’m pretty sure that’s why mine was so pro-longed (going on two weeks)….

The doc I went to told me that (I was just surprised he knew what a neti pot was!)… because, you stick it into your nose, where there is infected fluids… and the bacteria/virus stuff lives on the tip of it. Just some advice :D (unsolicited, of course!)

elty • February 24, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Laughing! Ouch. Next stop: checking out TFD.

kristisummer • February 24, 2009 at 11:37 pm

oh no. hope you feel better. my husband caught it too, while on vacation. fun!

rah • February 25, 2009 at 8:14 am

Take care, PQ, and feel better soon. Oh, the video–my colleagues are no doubt wondering what I was guffawing about.

Samantha • February 25, 2009 at 9:17 am

Haha, that’s the guy from toothpaste for dinner. It’s super funny, you should check it out.

Nicole (Sweetie Pie) • February 25, 2009 at 9:28 am

Thanks for laugh! I’m on day two of “sick at home” myself, and I appreciate the bit of humor during my confinement with my tissue box.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe the kitties can make you some chicken soup?

Ashley • February 25, 2009 at 1:23 pm

@Sparker – Haha, okie dokie I will!:)

Deb • February 26, 2009 at 7:57 am

Hey there. Hope you’re feeling better. Maybe I haven’t been reading that carefully lately, but you haven’t mentioned your (whisper) headache. I hope it’s better and that’s why. Either way, I was looking at my Facebook pages and saw yours and am re-remembering what an awesome accomplishment your weight loss is and also how awesome it is that you are a famous writer/blogger. Just throwing a little recognition your way. I hope you continue to be proud of yourself. I, for one, continue to be impressed. Feel good. Be happy.

Jeff Honeycutt • March 2, 2009 at 10:45 pm

We just got one of those! The video is hilarious…love the soundtrack:) Hope you are feeling better!

Susan Dean • March 15, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Thank you for that video! My day is orders of magnitude better now (it wasn’t bad to begin with either). Thanks for introducing me to toothpaste for dinner, too! :)

Hope you’re feeling better! :>