Video Blog: It’s a new year

It’s a new year, so I thought I’d try something new: a video blog. Yes, that is me in front of my new lined empire silk curtains, only $10 a panel from Big Lots. (Thank you Linens-N-Things for going out of business!) Also note, I am aware that I refer to the Julian calendar in the video and I am also aware that most of the world uses the Gregorian calendar. For those of you who think I made a silly error that I was too lazy to dub out or to reshoot the video to correct, you are totally and completely wrong. I am a rebel who uses the Julian calendar and I wish you a happy day on this, the first of Ianuarius 2009.

Laska • January 1, 2009 at 1:31 pm

More video, more Jennette!

Deb • January 1, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Cool! Love getting to see/hear you.

Happy New Year!

DonnaLynn in Hawaii • January 1, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I always thought you were pretty, but WOW, you’re REALLY pretty!

Merry • January 1, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Nice video. Usually I avoid video clips in a blog, but I liked your explanation.

The only good part about making a resolution now is that you’d have a lot of company. Try it mid-February, and you’ll be feeling a bit lonely.

I live in fear of the day when video conferencing will become commonplace and I will be forced to dress up when working from home.

kyle • January 1, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Oooh, vlogging, love it! It’s fun to hear you, and thankfully not smell you. :)

Jac • January 1, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I’m a lurker, outing myself!

New Years resolutiions scare me (although I did make a few this year) because I am always so bad at keeping them…

Best of luck in 2009!

PastaQueen • January 1, 2009 at 3:41 pm

@DonnaLynn in Hawaii – Thanks, DonnaLynn.

(The money is in your PayPal account. {Just kidding :) } )

PastaQueen • January 1, 2009 at 3:43 pm

@Merry – Nah, you just get some paper doll clothes and hang them in front of the webcam. Instant dress-up! And DonnaLynn evidently thinks I look lovely even though I had on no makeup and had just run 2 miles, so the InterTubes must make us prettier than we are :)

Bella • January 1, 2009 at 4:01 pm

This year, instead of making a grand New Year’s Resolution, I made 12 goals for 2009. 12 seemed like a nice number, since there are 12 months in a year, although I plan on working on the goals continuously, and not one at at time.

It was nice to hear your voice on the video. A great way to add something fresh to the blog.

Happy 2009!

cindy • January 1, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Hi PQ,

Neat video clip! I am working on making a resolution plan but I am procrastinating a bit. I don’t like commitment so I don’t want to lock in to a plan without a great deal of thought (because I also hate failure!). And, yes, let’s make this year better than last year, each and every one of us!

Cin • January 1, 2009 at 6:43 pm

I love the video clip!! Please keep it up!

Lori • January 1, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Love the vlogging! Does seeing yourself on video freak you out at all? Do you look/sound like you think you do? You wrote in your book about not being able to reconcile the two, I’m wondering if that’s changed? I think you look mahvelous. And I’m jealous of your curls.

I just can’t mesh the me in my head with the me I see on video. It’s not even a weight issue… I just think I’m much cooler (and taller) in my head. *sigh*

I did not make any ‘revolutions’ (as my kids call them) this year… I usually don’t get around to them until spring, anyway. We’re mid-move and knee deep in boxes, I consider daily showering and regular leg shaving an accomplishment.

Happy New Year, PQ!

Lynn • January 1, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I want to look like you after I work out. Love the video. Love the curtains :) Happy new year!

Laura • January 1, 2009 at 8:47 pm

You are adorable!

My resolutions: get that manuscript ready to shop and stay on the getting fit train. I will be swimsuit ready this summer! :)

Alexia • January 1, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Haha! I’m an Orthodox Christian — we have plenty of Old Calendarists around ;-) (Not me, I’m progressive ;-))

Helen • January 1, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Sweet. And cool, very cool. Although I now feel guilty that I partied like it was 2009 and didn’t go for my own run today. Good thing I didn’t resolve to start the year off running, eh?

Rachael • January 1, 2009 at 10:07 pm

You look fantastic even after a run! Your hair is so pretty. And what a great complexion! You don’t look red and sweaty at all. I have fair skin, too, and am read for hours after exercise. I’m freckely, though. Maybe that’s the difference.

You don’t sound like I imagined. I’m not sure how I thought your voice sounds, but different. Cool to hear you!

Happy New Year!

Isabelle • January 2, 2009 at 5:41 am

You do indeed look very pretty. Happy New Year.

Angie Burchfield-Solis • January 2, 2009 at 10:54 am

Those arms are looking fantastic! You’re an inspiration, and I don’t mean that in a cheesy, Chicago sort of way. Happy New Year!

Ashley • January 2, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Yay video blogs!:) I wish I looked like that after a run, I tend to resemble a drowned rat after my workouts:P

Steve@weightlossweapons.com • January 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I think videos will be a great addition. Keep them coming.

As for new years resolutions I have none. I break them every year anyway. I do have goals though. They are much more specific and achievable.

All the best in 09.

P.S you still write checks?

Bunner • January 2, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I’m starting a “lifestyle” change again this year. But, this year it’s for good! I’m looking forward to following you blog and looking to you for inspiration and a reminder that I CAN do it! (No pressure there, huh?)

PastaQueen • January 2, 2009 at 4:06 pm

@Lori – Seeing myself on video no longer freaks me out. I’m pretty happy with my body and I’ve seen enough videos of myself lately that I’ve gotten used to how I look and sound.

DonnaLynn • January 2, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I have limited know how when it comes to video. If I should suddenly take complete leave of my senses, and decide to do this, what’s the best way to start out?

-DonnaLynn in Hawaii, who WON’T be doing her video blog on the beach in a two piece, I promise. NO ONE wants to see that.

Lynda • January 2, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Happy New Year to you from California…I loved your video and you look happy and healthy! Instead of a resolution, I decided to just choose a word to fit all areas of my life. The word is “discipline”. We’ll see how it works. :)

Liz • January 2, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Hey, love the viedo! I have my answer about BMI and have settled on a goal weight. (OC’s have to be settled with a plan) I’ve been reading The Southbeach Diet book and and am going to start the 2 week phase tomorrow. I’m so glad I found this site…I’ve never ever written on a blog, this is great. I’ve visited blogs before but this is the only one I’v visted more than once!

DonnaLynn in Hawaii • January 2, 2009 at 8:11 pm

@Lynn -

Ironically, I just checked out your blog, which I came upon my accident, before seeing your comment here! I was quite amazed!

Susan • January 2, 2009 at 8:22 pm

You look wonderful in your post-exercise vlog, PQ! Count me among your adoring fans who plead for more. I hear ya on resolutions – I *especially* do not make weight-loss resolutions – but I did resolve to eat more fruits ‘n’ veggies this year.

Amy • January 2, 2009 at 11:50 pm

@Steve@weightlossweapons.com – Yeah, no one writes checks anymore! Except that annoying old lady in line in front of me.

Kelly • January 3, 2009 at 4:03 am

Love the vlog. Keep ‘em up!

Crabby McSlacker • January 4, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Cool vlog!

Whenever I even look at a camera I become instantly inarticulate, so I’m way impressed!

Heather • January 4, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Great Video Blog! Happy New Year, PQ and everyone! I hope it’s a good one!