Thank you everyone for all your well wishes and support. I appreciate it very much. If good thoughts could cure headaches I would be well by now!

However, I have learned it’s best not to wallow (or to try not to wallow anyway), so I’m going to continue on blogging about other stuff. So, don’t act too weirded out when I start talking about how to set your goal weight and things like that. I could whine about my headache all the time, but that would get old for all of us very quickly.

ETA: Oh, yesterday some people were getting a 500 error after they left a comment. I don’t know for sure why this was happening, but I would guess it was due to high traffic because it is weight loss resolution season. If it happens to you, just hit the “Back” button and try submitting your comment again and it should hopefully work. I will delete any duplicate comments…someday.

Mal • January 8, 2009 at 9:45 am

I held off on commenting yesterday because I wasn’t sure what to say and I wasn’t sure if having a bunch of comments would make you feel better or worse. I just want you to know that those of us who have lived with chronic pain (and those who haven’t) are behind you, friend. With my recent medical issues, I am a bit surprised to realize that I didn’t even know how badly I was feeling until I was feeling better. I sincerely hope that at some point you are able to look back and have the same realization. I think about you often and hope you can find some relief.

Heather B • January 8, 2009 at 11:56 am

Thank you Jennette! You always say the things that most of us want to but are afraid of what people will do/think. As a former overweight person who has gained a bunch back and is currently being snowballed by depression and anxiety- (You’re stressed out every time you leave your couch, no really? Oooh the big scary outside is going to get you!) I can totally relate to having a medical problem that screws with your success and happiness and feels like Karma is b*slapping you silly. I really hope you can get relief soon!

Sarah J • January 8, 2009 at 4:10 pm

You. Are. Inspiring.

Enjoy the oatmeal.

Sharon • January 8, 2009 at 4:13 pm

My comment didn’t make it in yesterday, so I’ll repost now:

I’m so sorry to read that you’re still going through all this. (FWIW, I’ve been reading you for a year or two.)

Sara • January 8, 2009 at 7:23 pm

I’m glad you’re feeling more positive, PQ.

Personally, I use the “eulogy test” when I’m assessing the attractiveness of my behavior. I’ve never heard anyone at a funeral say “Bertha was such a wallower, I loved that about her…”

I hope the days ahead bring you some relief.

Linda • January 8, 2009 at 9:13 pm

I didn’t want to pile on the avalanche of comments yesterday…but I’m sending positive thoughts and prayers, and envious of your oatmeal festival.

Charity • January 9, 2009 at 9:20 pm

You poor kid. I hope you get back to feeling like your old self soon. Enjoy your ski trip!

xo Charity

jennywenny • January 14, 2009 at 10:58 am

Same here, I hope you feel better soon…

I added some fake Black Friday deals to this store's weekly in-store flyer - Album on Imgur
OMG, too funny!

Humans can sleep for days when living alone underground, experiments show - ScienceAlert
This is probably a sign that I've got problems, but the idea of sleeping for 30 hours sounds really appealing.

Justin Bieber chastised audience for clapping on the offbeat: The biggest challenge facing musicians at shows is audiences with bad rhythm.
I'm linking to this because of the video of Harry Connick Jr. at the bottom, who manages to throw in an extra beat in the middle of a song to get people to start clapping on the offbeat without them even realizing. Mad skillz!