“Half-Assed” book blog tour 2009

Today I’m happy to announce the start of my Blog Book Tour 2009. “Wait,” you might be asking yourself. “Didn’t you already do a blog book tour back in May?” Why yes, yes I did. However, the marketing people from the publishing company shot me an email a few weeks ago asking if I’d like to do another tour since so many people are looking for inspiration now that their new year’s resolutions to lose weight are beginning to lose steam. I said that was fine as long as I didn’t have to leave my apartment. (It’s been negative degrees outside lately without the wind chill.)

So, the lovely Eva helped put everything together and you can follow the tour below. If you haven’t already bought a copy of Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir, you’ll have several chances to win one at the stops below. Thank you to all the bloggers participating!

Monday, January 19 – MizFit Online (video)

Tuesday, January 20 – Morgan Gets Thin

Wednesday, January 21 – This Mama Cooks (Guest post)

Thursday, January 22 – John is Fit (review)

Friday, January 23 – Escape from Obesity (interview)

Saturday, January 24 – Lynn’s Weigh (interview)

Debbi • January 19, 2009 at 9:13 am

I’m reading both your book and your archives on your blog and I am so enjoying them. I started my weight loss adventure at about 325 about a year ago and I’m at 225 today. I am right about where you are 225 in your blog and you look SOOO much better than I do at 225. Granted, your about 5 in. taller than me. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for bringing me new inspiration to keep this going. So many of your posts could have been written by me. You have said things that most books don’t. I totally appreciate it. You also have helped get the kick start I need to start exercising more. I have mostly been losing weight by eating well, not excersing. I am so afraid of this extra skin though if I don’t start exercising. Thanks again!!

Merry • January 19, 2009 at 10:22 am

I have to say this was a good book. I definitely recommend it.

(But I have to fight an urge to put my name & URL in here. Something about that note makes me want to rebel. Don’t worry — I’ll control myself.)

Elle, XL • January 19, 2009 at 1:16 pm

@Debbi – I completely agree. I’m also shorter than PQ (5’4”) and when I look at her progress photos, I’m more like a step behind. :)

Kimberly • January 19, 2009 at 2:20 pm

I just re-read your book and finished Diet Girl’s for the first time yesterday.

You are both such amazing writers and your stories are a great inspiration/motivation for me.

I can’t wait to see your book tour because your perspective has to have changed a bit since you finished writing it.

Erin • January 19, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I just saw a picture of myself from a friend’s 30th birthday party on Saturday. That was enough inspiration I needed to rededicate myself to healthy eating! I only wish that your site wasn’t blocked at work (something I still can’t get over!!) so I can re-read through your archives. Oh well. Hopefully the blog tour circuit isn’t blocked, and I can check those out :)

Heather • January 19, 2009 at 7:43 pm

I finished your book about two weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. Not only are you funny but introspective. Your continued analysis of your inner-life, I think was the best part. And of course I can relate to the journey.

Here’s to big sales!!

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada