Spread the cheer

Happy holidays, everyone! I hope you are all warm and snuggly in your beds reading this on a laptop or an iphone and enjoying a day off, except for the people at the coffee place who I hope are working because I really want a Peppermint Mocha Twist. In the spirit of the season, here are some people who are doing good or need some help.

Help Heather help girls with eating disorders

Heather at MamaVision is encouraging people to give to the National Eating Disorders Association via a link on her site. The funds will be matched by an anonymous donor. You can also leave a comment about why you donated which she’ll send to the NEDA.

Be Barb’s weigh-in partner

Friend of the blog, Barb, is looking for a weigh-in buddy. Here’s how she put it, “Do you know somebody from blogland who would be willing to let me report my weight daily — starting now and going to through January, and perhaps to be extended beyond that if it proves to be an effective self-monitoring system?…Unless I have an external commitment to tell somebody else, I don’t do it. I dread the scale. So I’m looking for a system of accountability. The person I report to doesn’t have to respond or say anything or even actually read my email. I just need to know that I have to do it.”

Any takers? Leave a comment and I’ll send your info to Barb.

BrightAngel • December 25, 2008 at 10:55 am

Barb can e-mail me her weight daily if she would like to. I also do this for a few other people. You know my e-mail address, and may share it with her or you can e-mail me her address and I will send her an e-mail.

SeaShore • December 25, 2008 at 11:15 am

BrightAngel beat me to it!

Merry Christmas!

Karen • December 25, 2008 at 11:34 am

Merry Christmas! Hope 2009 is a good year for you – with health and happiness!!

Isabelle • December 25, 2008 at 11:39 am

Have a lovely holiday (and don’t listen to the grumpy people from a week or two ago).

Jason • December 25, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Oh man, that peppermint twist things sounds great. I am going to go right now I try and get one. Those guys better be working. HAHA

Merry christmas

Star • December 25, 2008 at 2:10 pm

I am also willing to get her emails that is the 1 thing that helped me to lose and keep the weight off knowing that someone else was gonna see it and I didnt want to sow a gain.

Good luck

Jen • December 25, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Merry Christmas Jennette and the rest of the Pasta Queen readers. Thank you for the joy and laughter you have shared through the past year. Take care.

Amy • December 25, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Barb can email me, too! Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all.

Laura • December 25, 2008 at 6:41 pm

I’ll one-up Barb’s request – pass on my e-mail and we can also send each other our workouts. That is something I have fallen SO off the bandwagon with, and would love a partner in crime to help get back on track!

Martha • December 25, 2008 at 10:28 pm

I’ll do it for her if she will for me. I also would love someone to be accountable to. Merry Christmas all!

skaakiko • December 26, 2008 at 2:30 am

I am completely willing to be partners. I know I am going to die if I don’t loose this weight. I hope it is not too late. Feel free to share my email address.

Stephanie Quilao • December 26, 2008 at 4:42 am

The one with the sexy hair is wishing the one with the sexy voice Merry Christmas :-)

MizFit • December 26, 2008 at 6:03 am

I did MizFit Match Ups a few months back and am rematching people on the second of January.

announcing that day.

virtual accountability partners.

Ill keep y ou posted!

liz • December 26, 2008 at 9:36 am

Count me in, too! I would love to give and receive accountability. I’m also going to check out mizfit on 1/2/09.

Love your blog. Am reading your book, too! Dawn M. sent me over.

Thanks for sharing so much of yourself!

Kelli • December 26, 2008 at 1:37 pm

I want to be accountable to someone! Can I jump on this bandwagon?

Barbara • December 26, 2008 at 1:38 pm

This is Barbara-friend-of-the-blog — I am so grateful to the growing number of people who have volunteered to be weigh-in and exercise buddies with me — I have set up a system that will allow as many people who want to participate to do so very easily — rather than saddle PastaQueen with being the middleman, if you email me directly, I can explain what I’ve set up and if you want to play along, great!

barbara • December 26, 2008 at 1:43 pm

OOPS! I thought you’d be able to click on my name and get my email address — but I was wrong. Here it is:

Bbabbo10011 at yahoo dot com

I hope I don’t regret putting that out there in cyberspace!!

Liz • December 27, 2008 at 9:38 pm

send your friend my way, if she wants multiple “sponsors”. i’d even be happy to exchange weights and updates on a regular basis.

tara@BlogToFit • December 28, 2008 at 7:52 pm

hey barb. We weigh in every Wednesday which really helps me – accountability and all that! Somehow telling a bunch of strangers my successes (or not!) is really motivating.

Chris • December 30, 2008 at 3:15 pm

I hope this helps,

I’ve created a fitness challenge, which is really just an accountability circle to run for the next six weeks. There will be more challenges for varying lengths of time throughout the year. I hope everyone here may check it out. This is exactly the type of community I hope to foster over there.

Game of Thrones rape: Director Alex Graves says the sex "becomes consensual."

Runaway stowaway survives Calif.-Hawaii flight: FBI - CBS News
If this had happened in a movie I would never have believed it was possible.

Fitbit, Nest data: How the companies are making money off you.

Site Meter