Recent tweets on Twitter

If you’re not following me on Twitter, you’re missing out. Here are some of my recent tweets:

Farewell, my acupuncturist! You were sweet and empathetic, but sadly out of network.

Good news: Got a digital converter, so now I have 15 TV channels instead of 8! Bad news: Half of them are the weather.

The heat is fixed! I won’t have to burn the IKEA coffee cart for warmth.

My heat isn’t working, but I have a blanket of kittens to keep me warm.

Conducting top secret oatmeal experiments. Both the Diet Pepsi and the hot sauce were bad ideas. No, I’m not kidding.

Is Friday over yet? Surely it is in Australia.

I feel so much better now that I drink 3 cups of coffee a day. I’m sure it will have no long-term negative effects.

http://tinyurl.com/6s9wzm In related news, the Meijer gift card I gave my brother for groceries was actually spent on a digital camera.

Google is helping track flu trends via search query monitoring. Quick, everyone search for “bloody mucus.”

Charlie Hills • November 21, 2008 at 8:44 am

Of course the Diet Pepsi was a bad idea. Everyone knows Diet Coke is better.

At least my blue food coloring and cookie sprinkles worked out well. Much better than the barbecue sauce and garlic.

Jem • November 21, 2008 at 9:17 am

My company blocks twitter, damn.

Kim • November 21, 2008 at 9:55 am

I , too, am cableless and just bought a digital converter. Then had to buy another antenna. But now I get 20 channels! Eight of them are PBS-related. Strange. Who knew public television had so many channels?

SeaShore • November 21, 2008 at 12:58 pm

I do follow you on Twitter, but I missed “I really want some chocolate. Please remind me why this is a bad idea. Chocolate is made from the souls of dead babies, right?” And yes, it is.

Natalie • November 21, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Yes, chocolate is made of the souls of dead babies and is the devil’s brownie.

And, I have no privacy at my work for Twitter. But when I move over Thanksgiving holiday I will have internet and a computer at my apartment! Yay!

Mary • November 21, 2008 at 4:05 pm

why is chocolate bad? Cocoa powder plus Splenda in oatmeal is great.

Mary

Kelly • November 21, 2008 at 6:46 pm

When’s the next book coming out deary? I LOVED your first and hey, a book about maintenance if it has that wit of yours would sell!!!

s • November 21, 2008 at 10:37 pm

you are so witty!

Oliveira • November 22, 2008 at 4:19 am

Personally I find it easy to avoid chocolate by using the advice from Scruples by Judith Krantz — imagining it’s made of poo. (The colour makes it easy :P)

Kimberly • November 22, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Yes! Chocolate is teh evil! My boss brought in a bag left over from Halloween (so she says) and it is still there on the counter untouched by me. I seem to have built up an immunity to chocolate because I never would have let that bag live past Tuesday a year ago.

s • November 22, 2008 at 6:04 pm

and … a blanket of kittens. that sounds totally cute and warm.

Some Blogging Chick • November 22, 2008 at 8:18 pm

I’m going to do that google search. I’m all sweet and supportive like that.

mar • November 22, 2008 at 8:53 pm

you’ve inspired me to track my own progress on my weight loss journey. so, thanks!

s • November 23, 2008 at 2:06 am

@Oliveira – that disgusting though actually helped (?) me not eat a whole serving of full-fat chocolate ice cream today. thanks. :p

Lyn • November 23, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Hope you’re feeling better soon PQ :)

Pam • November 24, 2008 at 7:49 am

Eggnog flavored milk or soymilk on the oatmeal is good – strawberry banana soymilk is probably good too. (The chocolate peppermint soymilk is addictive.)

Fitbit, Nest data: How the companies are making money off you.

The Citicorp tower design flaw that could have wiped out the skyscraper: 99% Invisible by Roman Mars.
Glad someone figured this out before disaster happened.

Charles O'Rear is the photographer who took the Windows XP wallpaper photo in Napa Valley.
I always thought this image was Photoshopped, but evidently it's real!

Site Meter