All I want for Christmas is my Amazon.com commissions

I hope everyone had a happy tofurkey day yesterday. I made a vow not to overeat and did pretty well until they brought out three types of cake and one pie. Mmmmm, pie. I went for a walk afterwards, which undid about 10% of the damage. (For the curious among you, the cakes were Pumpkin Angel Food, Bacardi Rum, and Italian Creme – all very delicious.)

If you are shopping today, like so many Americans, good luck to you and don’t forget your scarf! I froze my ass off in line at a Circuit City two years ago at 4:30am to get some bargain USB drives. It was fun to do once, but I don’t have any desire to relive the experience. If you prefer to stay at home and shop online in your pajamas with a warm cup of coffee, and you’re shopping at Amazon.com anyway, please consider clicking through to the store via one of my links. If you do so, I earn a small commission on any item you put in your cart after you click through that you buy. There are also some coupons for Avenue and other stores here that you might find useful.

I usually wouldn’t be so overtly and annoyingly commercial as to ask for your click-throughs, but the fact that I might be unemployed at this time next week has made me a little more brazen. Either way, I hope you spend the holidays with the people who matter to you. They’re more important than any Amazon gifts. (Don’t tell Jeff Bezos I said that!)

K • November 28, 2008 at 5:29 am

I wonder if it works if it then redirects you to amazon.co.uk?

Best of luck. I hope the job situation resolves itself.

maggieapril • November 28, 2008 at 7:40 am

Funny, I just did my own blog post about dessert being my downfall yesterday. Three cakes is just wrong – who the heck can say no to that?

I was layed off a year and a half ago and am now self-employed. Money is tight, and I can’t say its never stressful, but I love being my own boss and look forward to getting up every morning. You are obviously resourceful and a businesswoman, so I am sure you will be successful no matter what life throws at you.

Kyle • November 28, 2008 at 10:18 am

This reminded me that I have been wanting to get a new lens for my camera. So I clicked through and bought! YAY, everybody wins. Kyle gets a new toy, Jennette gets a little $$$ in her pocket :)

Miche • November 28, 2008 at 12:35 pm

I have bought and read your fab book – will gather up a couple more for xmas gifts. I seriously hope you still find yourself ensconced at your job this time next week (c’mon, powers-that-be at PQ’s place of work!). Sending postive thoughts your way.

Miche • November 28, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Miche • November 28, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Sry re dual commentary – server sent weird error msgs.

April • November 28, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Oh noooo this is what happens when I don’t check my feed reader before manic shopping. I totally would’ve clicked through you if I knew but I will keep that in mind for my next Amazon purchases.

Helen • November 28, 2008 at 5:31 pm

Mmmm Italian Creme Cake, one of my very favorites and I don’t even usually like cake. I had 2 desserts but 2 helpings of one of them, so really 3. Oh well, it’s a new day, right?

Lindsey • November 28, 2008 at 6:37 pm

I’ll use your links. :)

Btw, we had 12 pies yesterday – 12. There were 28 people, but still. ridiculous.

John's Weight Loss Blog • November 28, 2008 at 7:18 pm

I setup a page with my Amazon wish list as well as my wife and kids and sent an email out to my family with a similar request for their Holiday shopping. Of course I missed their mad shopping rush by a day. :-(

Velda LaCoste • November 29, 2008 at 10:58 am

Is there any way to pass on a commission to you when I purchase books through my Kindle?

Lynn Bering • November 29, 2008 at 3:28 pm

The font of your post makes the word “click” look like dick. I actually sat here for a whole minute thinking, ‘What the heck’s a dick-through?’ I think I’m suffering from pie withdrawal.

I’m happy to click-through for you :)

DonnaLynn • November 30, 2008 at 2:33 am

I got a few things you recommended, and used your links to do it. I should NEVER go to Amazon, I spend way too much money! Over $100 nearly each time I go there!

Me

PastaQueen • November 30, 2008 at 11:20 am

@Velda LaCoste – I don’t know. I did some searching on the topic but wasn’t able to find any information. I’ll email Amazon support and see if they can tell me.

superpaige • November 30, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Oh, the dang cake and pie! We have SO much pie left over, I don’t know how long it will take to eat it all. And the kids are no help–they don’t like pie.

Good luck with the job.

moosh in indy. • November 30, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Damn, I just bought books on Amazon yesterday.

Sorry girl.

Mrs Thighs • December 1, 2008 at 8:44 am

I lurk on here often and love your blog. I did buy your book and just finished reading it! Hope the purchase helps – at least a little. Good luck to you with the job situation.

Charlie Hills • December 1, 2008 at 9:47 am

I clicked. I purchased. Don’t spend the twenty-five cents all in one place.

(At least I’m assuming you get that much. I’m still earning minus two hundred and twenty-seven dollars on each sale of my book.)

Quix • December 1, 2008 at 10:53 am

I’ll remember about the Amazon thingee next time I order there… and still hope things go well for you employment-wise. We had 3 pies too – smores, caramel, and chocolate. They were also made by a 4 star chef who made the rest of the meal, and butter is practically her middle name. Ah, portion control, you’re my only friend! =)

Elise • December 1, 2008 at 1:43 pm

No posts for three days? Seriously? You’d better still be in a food coma. I’m in desperate need of post-extended weekend entertainment.

PastaQueen • December 1, 2008 at 1:47 pm

I’m still recovering from the weekend. I’d love to take a nap right now, but I’m at work.

victoria • December 1, 2008 at 4:13 pm

I managed not to eat any sweets over the holiday with the following strategy: I volunteered to bring all the desserts. Then I proceeded to make three different desserts — all of which contained cloves, cinnamon, and/or ginger. I HATE the taste of those spices and so I was not even tempted to take one bite of anything. I was able to sit around with the family, for several days in a row, with abundant sweets all around, and no matter how stressed or bored I was, the treats never once called my name.

Buy Experiences, Not Things - The Atlantic
Money can buy happiness if you spend it on experiences, not things.

The Man Who Smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada