What’s a Tuesday without a massive server failure?

Hey there, everybody. Nice to see you again! Today the web server fell down. Went boom! All the comments and entries from Sunday, October 12 at 3:02am to Tuesday, October 14 at about 8:00pm are gone, never to be seen again. They’re hanging out with at least a dozen of my email messages. Fun!

I was able to restore my latest entry about acupuncture by copying it from Google Reader (thank you Google!) but your informative comments are gone. So if you left me a link or a name of a book, could you go back and enter it again? Thanks.

If you sent me an email somewhere in the missing time, you should probably send it again. I was able to get a list of the subjects and senders of several of my missing emails, but I don’t know if I have them all. And Deb T, if you want that hotel recommendation you’re going to have to email me again because I don’t have your address.

ETA: If anyone knows how to search their cache and finds that they have comments from the crockpot entry of the acupuncture entry stored in it, feel free to send them to me.

Esmeralda • October 14, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Oh bloody hell, that sounds like fun.

*throws confetti in the air*

Wheee!!

Alexia • October 15, 2008 at 2:06 am

Ugh! Well, glad you are back up!

Sarah J • October 15, 2008 at 5:27 am

Oh PQ, I’m sorry! Just what the headache doctor ordered… a server crash! Sheesh.

Betsy • October 15, 2008 at 5:28 am

I’m so sorry about your server…(that’s all you need on top of a headache!) I left you a link to my neurologist’s book: http://tinyurl.com/5xxc6u

Here’s a link to another excellent book on the headache topic: http://tinyurl.com/4cpub3

Here’s a link to the headache center I go to, just to give you some idea of evaluation and treatment: http://www.jefferson.edu/headache/

Lastly, here’s a link to an ‘insider’s’ message board for headaches, where everyone will know exactly what you are talking about:

I also wanted to say that I’ve done a lot of alternative treatments for my headaches: acupuncture, massage, homeopathy, food sensitivity testing and found none of them to be significantly helpful.

Again, feel free to email me if you have questions or want more info.

vickie • October 15, 2008 at 6:37 am

Dr Oz’s introduction to acupuncture:

Rachel • October 15, 2008 at 7:38 am

Some good came of it. I wanted the recipie for the applesauce chicken. Your blog was down, so I had to search for it. Now “A Year of CrockPotting” is in my favorites too.

PastaQueen • October 15, 2008 at 9:30 am

@Betsy – Thanks for the links, Betsy, and for the tinyURLs :)

fd • October 15, 2008 at 11:04 am

I informed you that in some countries in europe general medical practitioners are also licenced with extra specialisations such as accupuncture, herbal medecine etc. I don’t know if this is the case in the US, but it would get you around your problem with references to a certain extent.

I also said i was very excited to read your description of acupunture as i’ve always wondered what it was really like! And i wished you speedy headache banishment.

re the server: today is one of those days! i nearly got run over on the way to work, there was a gas leak in my apartment while i was out, my cellphone just stopped working so the landlord couldn’t contact me, now the gas is cut off (good thing) but the gas company won’t come back until tomorrow (bad thing). i could go on…. :-)

Helen • October 15, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Ooooohhhhh Crabby McSlacker stole your idea and wrote about crockpot cooking. Well, she wrote about Vegetarian crockpot cooking and she did link to you, but still.

Merry • October 15, 2008 at 3:31 pm

No, PQ stole /my/ idea. Except, being clever, she stole it proactively, i.e. before I’d published the post.

Now /that’s/ what I call sneaky :)

victoria • October 15, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Dang, girl, I hope you feel better soon. Having had chronic pain, I know nothing sucks more. But I can also tell you that once you recover, you really do appreciate life more. When the stock market crashed, and my husband was wondering aloud whether we’re upside down on our mortgage and whether he’ll still have a job in the new year, I was thinking, “Yeah, but I’m not in pain all the time anymore, so it’s all good.” When people deliver bad news, they sometimes joke, “at least we still have our health,” but it’s not a joke — if you have your health, you really have everything you need to be happy. That’s the bright side: you can look forward to being contented with so much less, once your pain is gone. “Lowered expectations” doesn’t sound like much of a prize, maybe because I’m not writing this very well, but my experience of chronic pain really did change me. for the better.

Merry • October 15, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Now /that’s/ what I call sneaky :)

Merry • October 15, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Note to self: do not hit ‘refresh’ after making a comment.

Helen • October 15, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Merry is funny.

MB • October 15, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Ouch! What a pain. I didn’t leave any comments to the last post because I couldn’t even get your site to come up yesterday.

Good luck getting all your information back. Glad you are back up and running.

DonnaLynn • October 15, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Who on earth do we call when the internet kidnaps the Pasta Queen???

PastaQueen • October 15, 2008 at 9:49 pm

@victoria – Thanks, hopefully some day I will be able to talk about when the pain is gone, but I’ve read many stories of people who’ve had headaches for decades. While I hope the headache some day goes away, it seems less likely every day.

I’m glad you’re feeling better though! Hope to join you some day.

PastaQueen • October 15, 2008 at 9:58 pm

@fd – Wow, your day sounds worse than my headache. At least my head won’t actually explode, unlike your potential gas leak :)

PastaQueen • October 15, 2008 at 10:35 pm

@vickie – Thanks for the link.

Site Meter